• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Just needing some advice after suspected MC

toria_vin

Reaction score
Hey all,

last friday i got a BFP, my mum was a midwife so i told her and from my dates etc she figured i was about 6 weeks, then yesterday i started getting brown spotting and some more painful cramps than the ones i'd been having and slowly throughout the day the brown spotting turned into brown clotting, and then last night i had the worst cramps i have ever experienced in my life (my DH was about to take me to hospital as i was laying on the floor screaming).

I've had bad period cramps all my life (normally everyone knows at work when AF has arrived as i'm sat in a corner in the fetal position, rocking) but i have NEVER experienced pain as bad as last night. So my DH rang my mum and she said it sounds like i'm having a MC.

The pain lasted on/off till 10pm last night at which point i just collapsed on the bed and woke up at 8am feeling fresh as a daisy.

Anyway what im wanting to know is, what happens now?

as of lunch time today, i seem to be having what is a normal period, so will i just ovulate 1-2 weeks after AF (which is what my body normally does) etc!? does everything just carry on as normal?

I would ask my mum all about this but she's gone off to sweden to see my bro, very inconvenient!!! lol

thanks x x

Hi toria_vin!

First of all I'm so sorry that you have to go through this, it's quite painful & heartbreaking but it's good that you're already concentrating in this cycle & moving on to your next chapter in the ttc journey :hugs:

I've had a mc like yours before & even though you're only around 6 weeks you may want to see if your gp can arrange for an scan after you stop bleeding. They'll check if your uterus is completely empty and that nothing has been left behind. I had 1 about 3 wks after my mc, I was 10wks pregnant then :nope:.

In terms of whether your body will go back to as it was before straight away it really depends on the woman. It took me 6wks to get my 1st af after mine; but I know other women who go on to having a 28-29 cycle after. I guess it may also depend on how far the pregnancy was. :shrug: Sorry I can't give you better advice.

Take care of yourself & look to the future with a positive mind :flower:

XX

I'm sorry hun.. That happened to me as well. I'm used to bad period cramps but this was different. I was doubled over bawling my eyes out from the pain and I knew I was loosing my baby. I almost had my parents come pick me up and take me to the ER. I couldn't even sit still it was so bad. They got better after a few hours so I sat in my recliner all day with a heating pad. The next day it was just like my regular periods. Still cramped a little bit but not as bad. I didn't ovulate until CD48 but I think that was from getting off BCP (I conceived the first month off). I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :cry:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/chartgraph_module.php?d=2009-01-29&mode=a&ts=1306943473&u=

this is the chart from after my miscarriage, it was at almost 6 weeks along, as you can see it took a while to ovulate and for my next AF to show. I'm sorry for your loss.

My charts are in my sig too if you want to see how my cycles were after the early M/C

Thanks for all your replys, I'm going to have a good nosey at your charts now :)

Its weird how my body has resorted back to the norm today, no breast soreness or sickness :( didnt think i'd miss it lol but i do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"