Just off BC, confused!

wannabemamaz

Reaction score
If anyone could give me some input that would be greatly appreciated..

On Oct 1 I stopped taking my BC and I was midpack. Today, Oct 15, is the date I would have gotten AF. I got my withdrawl Oct 4-7. So technically I am CD12. Not sure exactly when I will O as this is my first month off BC in 8 years - but I always had a regular cycle prior to BC.

I have been feeling horribly sick the past few days. Tons of cramping and twinging. Is it at all possible that I could have gotten PG already? Or is what I'm feeling pre-ovulation pains? Is it even possible that I could have ovulated and gotten pregnant right getting off the BC? Or would my withdrawl mean that I am definitely not? I am planning on testing on Halloween.. let me know your thoughts!

I'm going off the pill in 2 days, but last time I went off the pill I had been on it for 10 years, so I understand how you feel!

Your withdrawal bleed marks the beginning of your cycle. However, I found after going off the pill that I actually felt ovulation pains and so leading up to ovulation I would feel these twinges and sharp pains randomly from both ovaries. On the actual day of I'd get a sharp stabbing pain on one side only.

I also noticed that I cramp a lot mid-cycle for pretty much no apparent reason.

My guess for you would be that if you had your withdrawal bleed, that you are not pregnant, but that you most likely are ovulating or ovulating very soon!

I'm going off the pill in 2 days, but last time I went off the pill I had been on it for 10 years, so I understand how you feel!

Your withdrawal bleed marks the beginning of your cycle. However, I found after going off the pill that I actually felt ovulation pains and so leading up to ovulation I would feel these twinges and sharp pains randomly from both ovaries. On the actual day of I'd get a sharp stabbing pain on one side only.

I also noticed that I cramp a lot mid-cycle for pretty much no apparent reason.

My guess for you would be that if you had your withdrawal bleed, that you are not pregnant, but that you most likely are ovulating or ovulating very soon!

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it. I took a test today just out of curiosity and it was neg.. So I will test again on Halloween and see if I managed to get pg on my first cycle! Good luck to you as well!!

I used OPKs and got a positive only 3 days after my withdrawal bleed stopped. I also stopped taking the pill mid-pack. Not sure if I actually ovulated or not, but from what I've read, it's possible to.

It's different for everyone , for me it took 4 months off Bcp for ov/ AF to return, doctors will just say "up to a year" although for most people it's within 3 months.

Thanks ladies. I feel like my body is so foreign after coming off BC!!

I got pg first cycle off, never had a dating scan so I assumed dates were correct, it turns out I was a week ahead! That means I ovulated on CD 7, I was floored! It is a small wonder I didn't miss a pill or two at the beginning or end of my packets or I think I would have gotten pg that way.

I got pg first cycle off, never had a dating scan so I assumed dates were correct, it turns out I was a week ahead! That means I ovulated on CD 7, I was floored! It is a small wonder I didn't miss a pill or two at the beginning or end of my packets or I think I would have gotten pg that way.

Wow that is amazing! Hoping it's that easy for me!!

I ovulated 14 days exactly after starting the withdrawal bleed but it still took is 9 months to get pregnant. Our timing was good most months, too so you just never know. Either way I hope it is a short process for you!

Took awhile for af to regulate for me. Try opks and tracking your symptoms. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->