Just realised..

Tryingagain3

Reaction score
I'm not the "young" mum anymore!!
I had my son at 19 and always felt some people looked down on me for been a younger mum.. Then had my daughter at 24 and still sort of felt young stood in the playground with all the other mums. But now I'm 29 and yeah I'm not a young one anymore haha! How have I only just realised this? :rofl:

Bless you that's not old either haha. I'm 25 and pregnant with my 3rd. People are shocked when I tell them I have kids and that I dont live with my parents :haha:

Haha! I also feel like this. I was 19 when I found out I was pregnant with my first. I'm now 24. I know I'm still young but I feel so much older and experienced now. It's funny as I'm still the youngest.

I was 16 with my first, im 33 now, so I'm probably well and truly an old mum now! Been at both ends of the scale! 😄

So similar to you trying, 19 with my first, 25 with my 2nd and now the grand old age of 32 😂

I feel young at 26 with baby number 1! I think I'm mentally still 17

Ha, I was 18 when I gave birth to my first, pregnant at 17! Now having my 4th at 34. Out of all my siblings and my parents I have been both the youngest and oldest during pregnancy lol xxxx

I've never been the young mum my first at 30 and this one at 40 :wacko: I certainly dont feel that old though :haha:

I had the same realization a few weeks ago. Lmao!

I had my first at 18, my second at 23, and now I'm pregnant with my third at 31. It's so weird to be pregnant as an "older" mom.

Ha, I was 18 when I gave birth to my first, pregnant at 17! Now having my 4th at 34. Out of all my siblings and my parents I have been both the youngest and oldest during pregnancy lol xxxx

I love that you have a big gap too! LOL. I'm so excited to be pregnant, but sometimes I panic when I realize that there will be 13.5 years between my youngest and my oldest child. Crazy!

And, completely unrelated: I was also pregnant at 17, and had my daughter at 18. I'd already graduated, but it was unplanned and there was so much judgment. I felt like I had to work twice as hard as mother to counteract the stereotypical assumptions that people had. It's weird to be pregnant now at 31. People just automatically assume that I know what I'm doing. I mean, I do... but I did at 18, too. I spent a lot of time researching before I delivered, and applied that knowledge to the best of my ability. I know people that were in their 30s who didn't know as much about the basics of parenting/newborn care as I did as a teen. Just goes to show that age isn't everything... and we all know what assumptions do. ;)

It's not old! My first I was 32, now having my second and I'm nearly 38. I still have to pinch myself at times thinking I'm a mum.

It's not old! My first I was 32, now having my second and I'm nearly 38. I still have to pinch myself at times thinking I'm a mum.

No I know I'm not old it's just weird not to be the young mum anymore.. I don't think it matters what age you have them as long as your a good mama.. I did struggle more as a 19 year old mum. When I had my daughter at 24 it was so much easier and I didn't struggle at all other than adjusting to 2 x

I'm in the same boat kinda! Had my first a couple weeks after turning 21. Was the first of anyone we knew to have a baby. Had our second at 24 still none of our friends had kids and now number 3 at 26 (today is my birthday!) And finally a few people I know are having babies haha. Makes me feel old.

I was 17 when I fell pregnant, gave birth on my 18th and I'm now 23 almost 24 and still think i'm a "young mum" :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->