Just removed the fire guard!!!

lottie_2007

Mummy of 3!!
Reaction score
Hi ladies, i've not posted over here before but Harry is 17 months now and well and truely in the toddler stage :cry:

Anyway we had to put a fireguard up as soon as he was on the move last summer but i am soooo fed up of it, its one of the huge things that covers the whole of the fireplace! We're not so worried about the fire as we don't have it on and its a wall mounted glass fire but the pebbles might prove a problem! I'm hoping we can distract him away from the fireplace but we'll see!

I've not dismantled the fireguard just moved it in to the garage, H is asleep at the moment we'll see how it goes when he wakes up! :shrug: I'm not very optimistic!

Has anyone else started trying to put their house back to 'normal'? x

only thing i changed was a baby gate top and bottom of stairs no other baby proofing was done no fire guard nothing we just tell Isobelle no and she stops normally anyway she is 2 afterall lol

You'll be fine, just say firmly no when he goes near it. I don't go to my nans often, but when I do she has a fire that is always on, my daughter always stops when I say no to her going near it, she never bothers now.

Good grief your Lo's are good! No to my boy means do it again and again and again!!

We didn't have to baby proof with Lottie but Harry is so different! So far so good anyway! x

He just keeps going up to the fire and saying hot hot, like he does in front of the oven! I've only found one pebble on the floor too! Fingers crossed we'll be ok x

Finger's crossed hun! We have never had a fireguard it's an electric fire and is never on and has coal sitting in it.

He does sometimes go over and lift the coal out but hasn't done so in ages.

We've never really had to use a fireguard with our woodburner, Imogen has always stayed away from it if it's lit (she plays with it when it's not). But we've never been able to keep her away from the fire irons and the kindling, she drives me nuts playing with them. It was wonderful once we could put the kindling and log basket in the woodshed for the summer!

i never had a fire guard we have a gas fire but it was disconnected just before i had morgan and she has grown up with dont touch (told her not to touch just incase we did go to someones house who had one that was on) and she doesnt go near it x

I think i am going to dismantle the guard too, its starting to ruin my floor.

It never goes on either but the fake coals may be too much to leave alone.

The stairgate at the bottom of the stairs has gon, just the livingroom/kitchen remains.

V xxx

we have moved the dvd's on to a new rack that she can reach... its been a week and so far she has only moved a few off but thankfully she tidy's them away again !! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->