Just seen the pram I want, but it's £700!!!

Look on the internet for package deals. My Quinny is over £600 in shops like mothercare and babies r us but i'm getting it for £480ish on the web :)

Or use craigslist or kijiji or whatever online secondhand/bargain sites you might know of.
We just used one of those sites and scored a used Quinny Buzz with all the accessories in mint condition for $300. That would be about 150 British pounds, I think. New in the store, it would have been about $1200 CAD for all of the bits and pieces and bassinets/seats etc that went with it. You can imagine that I was pretty pleased over that!
You have lots of time to search, and while you're searching, start putting a bit of money aside every now and then. If you don't find the pram you're in love with secondhand, maybe by the time you have baby, you'll have the cash saved and can buy it as a treat to yourself, guilt-free! :)

Thanks Ria, will show OH when he gets home tonight! xx

ooo thats lovely :) i love the icandy's - thinking of getting this if we were to have no 2 sooner rather than latter :)
we spent £1000 on ours

That's it though, if you're happy with it and you can afford it, you may aswell go for it! xxx

I think thats exactly right!! Whatevers within your means thats gonna make you happy!! I dont fly business class cos I cant afford it, but if i could... i definitely would!! We got a complete Stokke Xplory which i loooove and that set us back a few pennies :) but absolutely worth it!

they selling that in babyland norwich for 500 (if its the same one) im getting a mama and papa one at 600 but thats without the car seat... just a rip off the prices

Look on the internet for package deals. My Quinny is over £600 in shops like mothercare and babies r us but i'm getting it for £480ish on the web :)

Or use craigslist or kijiji or whatever online secondhand/bargain sites you might know of.
We just used one of those sites and scored a used Quinny Buzz with all the accessories in mint condition for $300. That would be about 150 British pounds, I think. New in the store, it would have been about $1200 CAD for all of the bits and pieces and bassinets/seats etc that went with it. You can imagine that I was pretty pleased over that!
You have lots of time to search, and while you're searching, start putting a bit of money aside every now and then. If you don't find the pram you're in love with secondhand, maybe by the time you have baby, you'll have the cash saved and can buy it as a treat to yourself, guilt-free! :)

My mum is buying our pram anyway :blush:

My mum is buying our pram anyway :blush:

If she hasn't bought it yet, check out the kiddicare packages, not sure which is the better offer - guess it depends on how many add ons you want.

I just googled it....why's it not allowed to be sold online???????

Looks nice but not sure it's worth that amount of money:dohh:

I'm getting the Icandy Apple. Which Includes:

Carrycot.
Pushchair.
The 4Wheel Chassis.
2 Raincovers. (1 For Carrycot & 1 For Pushchair)
Maxicosi Carseat.
Icandy Changing Bag.
Pink Icandy Footmuff.

All for £580. :)

Thanks Ria, will show OH when he gets home tonight! xx

ooo thats lovely :) i love the icandy's - thinking of getting this if we were to have no 2 sooner rather than latter :)
we spent £1000 on ours

That's it though, if you're happy with it and you can afford it, you may aswell go for it! xxx

I think thats exactly right!! Whatevers within your means thats gonna make you happy!! I dont fly business class cos I cant afford it, but if i could... i definitely would!! We got a complete Stokke Xplory which i loooove and that set us back a few pennies :) but absolutely worth it!

:blush: aw thanks guys, thats the thing, we live within our means, we don't go out much and are really happy being in our little home together, and now with maddi makes it complete :cloud9: i think as long as you live with in your means than its great. as i said there's loads of great offers out there and once the VIP arrives you don't care :cloud9:

Dragonfly - i too love the silvercross balmoral - its so amazing, but imo impratical for our life, but it's sooooo gorgeous :) james said maybe for the next one if i trade in my beetle for a 4x4 :rofl:

donna - what a fab price you got the icandy for :) can i ask where from? x

I'm getting the Icandy Apple. Which Includes:

Carrycot.
Pushchair.
The 4Wheel Chassis.
2 Raincovers. (1 For Carrycot & 1 For Pushchair)
Maxicosi Carseat.
Icandy Changing Bag.
Pink Icandy Footmuff.

All for £580. :)

Thats what i got, but with red accessories. Fortunately the in laws bought the whole thing and some other bits. At the time the special edition icandy apple wasn't available, i so wish that we had bought that one :(

Although i do love my regular icandy apple! Its great and well recommended i have only used the carrycot part so far though:cloud9:

OH loves the Quinny but I'm not sure it would be suitable as he is 6'5 so we'd need to have a look at one to see what the handle height is like x

We bought the Quinny Buzz - my hubby is 6'7" and found that the Buzz is the pushchair he was most comfortable with height-wise. The handle is adjustable, which is really convenient. Might definitely be worth a try if your OH is that tall too!

:hugs:

The special edition is gorgeous!! I saw it recently in a local store. I would have bought this one but have already ordered an equally expensive one by Emmaljunga. If you can afford it, why not!!!

Try and find one second hand. The free adds have loads of people selling prams at knock down prices eg cost new £400, sell £150. And they've only been used for like a year.

I spent nearly £1000 to on a Bugaboo. I love the Icandy Special Ed. brown isnt it.

I have fell in love with Mamas&Papas prams,just can't make my mind up which model LOL
I agree,its your money and only you can decide if its right for you.
Sounds like it is,its a lovely pram :)

I must admit, first bay I spent 600.00 on buggy and I think it's abt right. I guess it just means have to pay weekly.
I really wanted a new silvercross coach built, but searched and searched on ebay and got a second hand one which is abs lovely! I DID think 1200 wiv all trimmings was a bit excessive, esp when I'm not working!
had we not found a nice second hand one, think I wld have prob gone for a m&p's one whihc worked out abt 600.00 again, i think!

i'd set my heart on a silver cross pram from the moment i found out i was expecting. However was gutted to find that it would not go in the boot of my VW Polo. So when i eventually stop sulking about it I have to begin the task of finding one that is not only practical but stylish and small. Could be a long haul!!!

I wanted a Loola Up........ £270.

Saw a Mama's + Papa's combo in my local charity shop and got it for £30. Needs a new pushchair seat cover, but it's in great shape other than that.

Although the icandy is alovely pram the cosatto cabi is very similar and is only 314.00
that includes a carrycot seatunit carseat changing bag footmuff and raincover i'm going for the black and lemon one.

they're nice but still prefer the bugaboo cameleon! x x

Oooooh where from?

OH loves the Quinny but I'm not sure it would be suitable as he is 6'5 so we'd need to have a look at one to see what the handle height is like x

iv got the quinny its lovley the handle does go really high i would definatly recomnd it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->