Just so drained, so tired... rant.

Skywalker

Reaction score
I feel like I could cry, but I'm needing to stay level-headed because I work full time. I co-own a business with my OH and we're thinking about branching off into a second part of the business which will actually be easier for me since it is more in line with what I am used to doing and like doing professionally anyway, but with events and work I am just soooooooo drained. One of my friends who meant well last night was so shocked that she almost seemed really upset with me that I hadn't found a midwife yet, but this is all so new to me and I honestly didn't know that I needed both a doctor and a midwife until my last visit this past week... I'd heard that you were supposed to have a midwife but I didn't know how important it was and that you needed both. I finally found one today after hunting around online and texting all these different ladies. Thank GOD. But I just feel like there are sooooooooooooooooooooo many things on my plate and growing! My friend was going to fly down here to come help work at my business and I originally agreed to help pay for air fare but that was a) before I was pregnant and b) before plane tickets went up by about $1,000 (they were already almost two grand) and now she's going to be really disappointed that I can't, I'm disappointed in myself that I'm not doing dishes, my friend told me not to give in to sleep and be active for as long as possible... and I have a meeting tonight with some people who want us to enter our business in a contest basically to win a business award but it takes A LOT of time and hard work and I don't even feel up to this MEETING tonight after work. My OH doesn't really understand the tiredness thing and thinks I'm making it into more than it is and I know I've posted about this sort of thing before but it just keeps compounding and compounding until I feel like there are twenty million things over my head that I need to do that I don't have energy for and not many people around who understand. I just feel so overwhelmed! I feel totally incapable of doing everything I'm trying to do but unable to lessen my work load :( AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! I would give anything to have my friends here at least so I could beg one of them to come over and help me clean for a little bit. I don't have the funds necessary to hire someone really :(

I hear you! I co-own a business with my OH as well which is fabulous but such hard work. Add to that chasing my toddler and preschooler, home and meals, and the stress of this pregnancy being high risk it's alot sometimes. But I just keep on keeping on and looking toward 2nd tri when the fatigue lifts a bit. We'll get there! xo

U sound like u r getting stressed. U need to try and relax and deal with each task/part of your job one bit at a time, one day at a time. I work full time, i have a 19 month old, i often work late & do extra CPD etc. I am tired, overwhelmed and still suffering with crappy symptoms and tiredness. Doesn't help that i get insomnia (3.30 am in uk... cant sleep).

Pregnancy is a hard task in 1st tri but it does get better in 2nd tri when symptoms go and u begin to feel more normal. U also start to expand, feel movement and experience the nicer parts of pregnancy.

when i'm having an 'off' day i try really hard to focus on the positives to get me thru. I know u recently had a scan and saw heartbeat... hang on to that. I don't have my 1st scan til next thursday when i'll b almost 13 weeks.

Stay positive, relax and deal with one thing at a time so as not to get too overwhelmed xx

OMG I soooo feel you on the tired and dont wanna do anything. Luckily i work from home, but even being here all day, with two step kids and two dogs, and going to school, i don't wanna take the dogs out,dont wanna do Homework, i dont wanna clean, i dont wanna cook, i dont wanna do anyyyything lol. He will eventually understand that its the pregnancy making you so tired. Maybe try and squeeze a nap in somewhere during the day see if that helps, which i know thats hard to do cause i dont ever get to lol. And like above said, try not to stress, know thats hard to do too cause i do it all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->