just spent my vacation with an 8 month preggo woman...sigh

heart tree

Mom in love
Reaction score
I've been on vacation for the past week and have missed you ladies! Not having internet access was killing me! My DH's family decided to rent a house for a week. All 5 of his cousins had babies there under the age of 4. One of the cousin's wives was 8 months pregnant. I basically had to watch people rub her belly all week and listen to her talk about how excited she was to have a baby.

Another woman stopped by one day who was also pregnant. I decided to read my book rather than listen to her talk about how great her pregnancy was. I seriously felt like telling her that at 7 weeks, anything could happen. I kept my evil thoughts to myself though.

The thing that absolutely killed me though was the 8 month pregnant woman smoked pot!!! I actually had to turn my head because I couldn't bear to see a pregnant woman take a bong hit. This is her second child and her first one seems fine. This woman also has 2 uteruses (uteri?) and has had 2 healthy pregnancies!

How unfair! I'm sitting there abstaining from alcohol (well almost abstaining), taking my vitamins and herbs, eating healthy and I can't carry a baby! GRRRRR.

I had to sneak away a few times to cry. Luckily DH understood. It was an extremely draining vacation. I need to take another one just to recover! Glad I'm home so I can reconnect with you all. Thanks for letting me vent!

Awww no hun! i feel for u. I went away last wkend and was faced with a woman who is due a few wks after i would of been...non stop baby talk. It killed me seeing her bump knowing that could of been me... aaaaaargh life is so cruel at times.
I just pray its us soon that are getting our huge bellies rubbed xxxx

Bloody hell - I can't believe she was smoking pot!

Does she know about your loss? I don't know how you bit your tongue to be honest. I mean obviously each to their own but anyone with a bit of common sense knows you shouldn't smoke pot whilst pregnant. If she knows abou your loss too she should be even more ashamed of herself that she acted so recklessly towards her baby whe you are sat there wishing to be as fortunate! Oh it gets me mad!

Hope you are ok hun x

Bloody hell - I can't believe she was smoking pot!

Does she know about your loss? I don't know how you bit your tongue to be honest. I mean obviously each to their own but anyone with a bit of common sense knows you shouldn't smoke pot whilst pregnant. If she knows abou your loss too she should be even more ashamed of herself that she acted so recklessly towards her baby whe you are sat there wishing to be as fortunate! Oh it gets me mad!

Hope you are ok hun x

Beadette, she didn't know about my loss at first, but I did tell her towards the end of the trip. She and her husband sell medicinal marijuana as it is legal where they live. She had 6 months of morning sickness during both of her pregnancies that kept her in bed the whole time. She reasoned that smoking pot was better than throwing up the entire time because it allowed her to eat. In some ways, I could see her reasoning, but it still DISGUSTED me! Not to mention that at the time I saw her, she wasn't sick anymore, she was fine! Why would she smoke then? I bit my tongue because we were staying in her house and it was DH's family. I decided it is her bad decision and nothing I said was going to change her mind. But DH and I were both appalled by her behavior.

I couldn't bite my tongue entirely, which is why I had to vent to you all. It was horrifying! I'm glad to be home now in my sane, healthy world.

Oh, Beadette, I just saw your signature, both of your losses were so recent! I hope you're doing ok honey.

What an evil cow. I absolutely detest that anyone would risk their child that way.

After the scan that told me Isabella had died I walked out of the hospital (having to go in the next day for the tablets to induce) and there was a woman smoking in the car park. I nearly hit her tbh,

Heart-tree - I'm not doing too badly actually. I'm obviously devastated but i've got lots of support around me (both here and in real life) and that has kept me sane! I'm feeling positive and am not going to stop fighting until I have my healthy baby! Thank you for asking after me x

Hope it happens for you soon and you get your sticky BFP! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"