just started solids what can i give him???

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
started my 6 month old on solids, im at a loss on what i can give him:/ he eats what we eat like spagbol, spaghetti etc,
can he have cheese? yogurt? ideas pleaseee:)

:blush:hes 5 month old sorry!! hv said he can start now as hes a very hungry baby

my HV said they can have both yoghurt like fromage frais and cheese - encouraged it actually :) she said they need to have a pint of milk a day but cheese and yoghurt can contribute to that

i haven't started yet but she suggested veg such as parsnip/carrot and potato - she said broccoli is very good but can make urine smelly... my little brother used to enjoy mashed banana or apple. maybe he would like a weetabix?

she said to foods to avoid are things like shellfish, peanuts and honey and obviously we should try to avoid sugar and salt etc

is there no local weaning class? the HV came to my house for a chat but they might not do that everywhere...

thankyou! theres a hv team that go to our local sure start every two weeks so il try that, today hes had his feeds, 2 bowls of banana porrige( was still crying after 1st bowl for more) then hes had spaghetti with some toast without butter(mashed well) a yougurt and another bottle and would eat more if i put it infront of him lol milk alone just wasnt satisfying him:/

i gave everything we eat, except for honey. If she didn't like it, she just threw it on the floor (ohhh the clean up lol) try starting with boiled/steamed veggies and some fruits.

I think your good to try him on any thing but honey and nuts until past a yr old.

I started out by just giving a bit of what ever I was having as milk was still his main source of food. We mostly did the BLW route - so finger foods. So sticks of stuff that he could try himself so toast, steamed veg sticks, pasta tubes, rice cakes, baby biscuits, sticks of fruit.

If your going the more puree route then start with root veg steamed and mashed as there sweeter then once he likes a flavour move on to include carbs/meat. Look up Annabell Karmel she does some lovely books with some yummy recipes for the whole family.

Only fruit, veg and gluten free cereals until 6 months and then anything but honey and whole nuts until 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->