Just this minute got in.... **update**

Sam_Star

Mummy to a Battle Maiden
Reaction score
Hi girls
Just got in from my 20 week scanand its not entirely good news:cry:
I've been told that im having a girl:cloud9:who i've decided to name Elinor May
She has CCAM which is cysts growing in her lungs and pushing her heart out of place :cry:
Also her head is measuring 18wks6days and the rest of her body is measuring 20 weeks so there may be a problem there :cry:
Me and my OH are in bits after the stressful start to this pregnancy we were so hoping that we would get an easy ride i cant stop crying the thoughtof my first daughter having to go through surgery at such a young age is breaking my heart.

*update*
Just thought i would let everyonbe know that my case has now been handed over to ST Micheals hospital in Bristol i dont know why but i have to go there early wednesday so wish me luck x x x

Aaaw hun, so sorry to hear this. I pray that everything will be ok, xxxx

Awww sweetie, HUGE hugs. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Elinor May xxx

I'm so sorry sweetheart :hugs: I hope everything turns out ok for you xx

Hey hun

I'm sorry to hear this. Will be keeping you and LO in my prayers. All my love.xx

I am so sorry to hear of your news. I'll be praying everything works out ok for you. Beautiful name by the way x

Im sorry to hear this :hugs:. and I hope that they can treat her successfully when she is born.
I was told at one of my scans that its deemed normal to have a 2 wk variance in body measurements as body parts grow at different rates, so hopefully this is just a growing variance.
Elinor May is a beautiful name and I hope your beautiful daughter is a strong little fighter.
Big hugs to you and your OH :hug:

Sorry to hear there's worrisome news ... :( Keep your spirits up, you never know when things could turn around!!

When will you find out more?

I've been passed on to the Fetel Medical department for further tests so they will contact me with a date x
Thank you all for your messages x

oh hunni i'm so sorry to hear this and i hope that by the time your lil girl is born the cysts will have shrunk and she'll be ok and hopefully her head will have caught up with her body huge :hugs: coming your way hunni. x

:hug: I'm so sorry your scan didn't go better - I've been reading lots about CCAM recently after someone else I know was told her baby was also affected, and have read some very positive stories - I really hope your next tests go well.

And congrats on your little girl! Such a beautiful name x

So sorry you've had such devastating news that your beautiful daughter may be born poorly. Try to stay as positive as possible and get as much info as you can to prepare yourself. We didn't find out niamh was poorly until she was 2 days old. We've had a difficult 19 weeks coping with a baby with health problems and preparing her for surgery. But i can honestly say that you cope and draw on all your strength and you get through it. Praying for a good outcome for you and your family xx

hi there. i do know how overwhelmed and frightened you must be and i want to wish you the best of luck. i do want to also let you know that surgery at such a young age although scary has amazing and positive outcomes. my daughter was born with tetralogy of fallot. it is a heart problem with four aspects. she was what people call a blue baby as she was not getting nearly enough blood in her oxygen. at 4 months old she had to have a six hour open heart surgery done. the docotr said at the time her heart was not even the size of a walnut! we were so scared and sad....but to our amazment she did remarkable. they say babies tend to bounce back better than adults from surgery! now you would never know she had anything wrong...we often joke they wound her up a little while in there becuase she is our hiaper active girl. so think positive no matter what. i am sure everythign will be just fine for your baby girl. hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->