just visiting from pregnancy forum with a question!

Sarah lo

mum of 2 little monkeys!
Reaction score
Hi girls, It's just a quick question for mums of 2 or more.

With my first LO I was in labour for 71 hours and I'm just wondering if number 2 is going to be similar. So if you had a really long labour with number 1, what was number 2 like?

Thanks xx

First labour start to finish was about 36 hours, but established labour was 16 hours.

Second labour start to finish was 12 hours, established labour was 10 hours.

In my experience the second labour got going straight away but was still quite long.

My first was 28 hours from water breaking and the second was 6 hours from water breaking :) much quicker!

Not sure how you class labour length, for me my first labour was 22 hours from first painful contraction and about 6/7 hours 'active labour'. Second labour was 2.5 hours long and active labour being 40 mins.

My first was 10 1/2 hours total, started with water breaking at home, and then probably about 9 hours of active labor.

Second was 2 1/2 hours total, started with water breakign at home, and then probably about 1 1/2 hours of active labor. It was FAST!

My first was 36 hrs from water going. My 2nd was 3 hrs :)

Not sure how you class labour length, for me my first labour was 22 hours from first painful contraction and about 6/7 hours 'active labour'. Second labour was 2.5 hours long and active labour being 40 mins.

I'm not sure either lol my first labour was a weird one! I counted from first contraction to baby being born so the whole of the first day was most likely not active labour. Days 2 and 3 were agonising but my waters didn't break and I could talk through my contractions so the midwives didn't believe I was in active labour. It ended up with me needing to push at home and being rushed into hospital where I was found to be fully dilated on arrival! So I've absolutely no idea when I started active labour! :dohh:

Quite a few of these answers sound really promising that I might have a bit quicker one this time!

Mine were both fast, first about 4-5 hours and second just under 3 hours (counting from 1st contraction, that was my first labour symptom both times). But the second was so much easier, I could still talk through my contractions right up to the end and I didn't need to push, I just had 2 or 3 contractions with that bowling ball feeling and he popped out, barely made it to the bed! DS1 took at least an hour or two to come out once I started feeling 'pushy' and I really had to concentrate to breathe through contractions. I also got a second degree tear with DS1 but only needed 1 stitch after DS2, even though he was bigger.

Both my labours I arrived at hospital and was 5cm dilated. From there first labour lasted 13 hours and second lasted 1 hour 30 mins.

My first labour I was having contractions all evening and through the night and was in agony by the time I arrived at L&D but my second I went from fast asleep in bed to giving birth within 3 hours!

xxx

Three labours.... Start to finish....
DS1-10hours
DS2- 8hours
DS3-2.5 hours. Xx

My labors were both short. 3 hours active labor for my first and 30 minutes active labor with my second. Both 5 min pushing stage. I was 3-4 cm both times I got to the hospital.

First: Contractions for 36 hours, active labour for 6 hours, of which 2 hours pushing.

Second: contractions for 15 hours, active labour less than 30 minutes, of which 5 minutes pushing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->