Just want to be a mummy... Feeling down

nicb26

Reaction score
My second unsuccessful cycle since mc, not helped as i should be having my 20 week scan this week. Also, turn 27 on Friday, thought i would have at least one baby by now. Sorry, feeling sorry for myself. Just feel like its never going to happen for me, i can't even picture having a huge baby bump. Maybe I'm just not meant to be a mum. Sorry for depressing post, just needed to vent.

Don't be sorry. Everyone needs to vent! Honestly, we're all here to help each other. I'm sorry that you're feeling so down. Is there anything we can say or do that would help you? You could go take a look at my funny thread and see some funny pictures. It might help a tiny bit.

I guess I can't feel EXACTLY what you're feeling, cause I was blessed with a son 3 years ago, but I do want a bigger family. I really feel like someone (or more) is missing. We will get our babies. Whether or not we carry them ourselves. We will get them!

Brighter days will come as well. As for now, just concentrate on yourself.

I guess it wouldn't be much consolation to say that 27 is no age at all, you have years and years left! My beautiful son was conceived without drugs/intervention and born when I was 40 after 2 m/c and he is worth every ounce of pain along the way :) I am now 42 and have just suffered another m/c but will keep trying because the reward is great.

Re; your 20 week scan, the milestones are sooo unbearably tough and all you want to do is curl up in a ball and cry all day if you're anything like me; on the day of my 12 week scan I was in hospital, but in a GYN ward recovering from my miscarriage rather than downstairs waiting excitedly for my scan.

I know only too well that a miscarriage robs you of the joy and innocence in future pregnancies but don't let it rob you of your hope. Take heart that your body can do the hard bit and that is getting pregnant in the first place, it WILL happen. Bless you x

That was really well said Spoomie! Thank you for saying that! It definitely helped me some!

I'm scared for Tomorrow cause it was supposed to be my first prenatal appointment :(

Well said spoomie xxx I'm the same having a really rough few days should be my 12 wk scan today :hugs: instead of skipping off happily I'm off work hiding under the duvet and feeling like I'm losing it xxx

Oh linto i would have been due my 12 week scan too. I am now obsessing that maybe i caught this cycle and I even did a test yesterday afternoon when i am only 9 or 10DPo never done that before think i will break down if it has not worked

Hi Niamh, its pants isn't it. In trying not to think about TTC, still getting :bfp: after my MMC going to the Drs today to ask for blood test. Were trying to NTNP for a few mths it took 12 cycles for my last bean hope it doesn't take that long again xxx I so want to be pregnant again but I know in my heart I'm not ready :hugs:

How are you doing?

I really am starting to think that i am in denial about the fact that i had another MC. The doctor told me was getting ready to obvulate so 2 days later started trying again and now here i am waiting to find out so think if it doesn't woark is when it will all hit me. I am lucky in that i have a LO who is nearly 21months, but really wan tot grow my family and have a brother or sister for her.

It is annoying when the hormones are still there. this time think that it failed early at 6 weeks but took me till 10 weeks to miscarry (i didn't know that it had failed) so hormone level was almost back to normal straight away.

Niamh22, it's so hard. I did exactly that back in December. I was totally convinced back in December that I would be pregnant before I'd even had my first period after m/c and focused all my energy on that. When my period came on Christmas Eve it hit me like a bolt out of the blue and the trauma of the whole m/c came right back and put me backwards massively. Maybe it's a coping strategy for some people? But the pain of seeing bleeding again just takes me right back to my m/c every time. Take care xx

yeah i think it is how i am coping, i hve never tested early or even symptom spotted not even after first MC just TTC every month and thought what wil be will be, but i am a demented woman my OH has now idea that i have been testing i am even checking my cervix and as i have never bothered before i know that will not be reliable just going to try and put it out of my mind for the weekend and enjoy time iwth my OH and my LO xx

nicb, i know exactly how you feel. All 3 BFNs after our miscarriage have been extremely difficult. I quit tracking how far along the baby would have been, though, so I don't know when the 20wk scan would have been. I, of course, know the due date, though, so I am not looking forward to that at all. I was SO determined to be pregnant soon after the m/c, and still really want to be pregnant again before the due date, but we have absolutely no control over that, do we? It's hard for me to accept that I don't have control over when i can get pregnant or if i can carry a child to full term.

Anyway, i agree with the other ladies saying 27 is young and that there is plenty of time for you. hang in there, and i am so sorry things are difficult right now.

hi fides

I feel exactly like this and our dates must be hauntingly similar; we lost our precious little one on November 21st at 12 weeks and my EDD was 4th June 2011. As I said earlier in the post my first period after m/c hit me like a bolt out of the blue as I had convinced myself that I would be pregnant. Yesterday I just got my my 3rd period and it knocked me backwards almost as much as the first; not with the same shock and raw pain, but plunging me in to a pit of despair and tears with a more blunt kind of pain. The fact that I have been unsuccessful for another month is so difficult to bear and just seeing the bleeding brings back all the pain of the m/c (sorry if tmi), giving your period an even greater significance than it can ever have for those who haven't experienced m/c. I am also struggling because (this was my 3rd m/c) after my 2nd m/c I was pregnant 6 weeks later and now have a 2 year old son, I had foolishly assumed that the same would happen this time around......

Thinking of you and praying we graduate from this forum soon xx

Will come better days, always after the rain comes the sun, the joy comes after the tears ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->