Just Wanting To Introduce Myself

PinkGirltams

Reaction score
Hi,

This is the first time I've posted although I've been quietly reading the posts for a few months now. I'd like to introduce myself and hopefully give and receive support from you guys who are in the same position as myself.

I'm 38 and my fiance is 41. We've been trying to conceive for the past 8 months with no luck. We've been using the Clearblue Digital Ovulation testing kit to ensure we time intercourse correctly.

A few months ago we went to our GP who sent us for some tests. I had a couple of blood tests - one on Day 2-4 of my cycle and one on Day 21. The results of my Day 2-4 blood test were fine but I was told that my Day 21 test was low. It came back as 21.3. My GP asked me if I'd had the blood test done exactly 7 days before my period and I had so the result I got must have been accurate.

My fiance then had a semen analysis which was not good. The comments given on the end of his semen analysis report were that he had increased volume (it was 5.50mLs), he had mild oligozoospermia/low sperm count (it was 19 million/mL), he had teratozoospermia/poor sperm morphology (it was 7%) and he had suboptimal density on swim up. He was sent for a second sperm analysis which he did last Friday and now we've got to wait for the results of that which he'll get at the end of the month.

After having read a few posts here he's started taking the Wellman Conception tablets in the hope that they will improve matters.

Well, I'll end here as that's basically my story so far in terms of trying to conceive.

Welcome and babydust to you!

Hi hun and welcome we are all a lovely bunch of ladies :hugs: What was you tested for if you don't mind me asking? Good luck with ttc and i've just bought my hubby some wellman conception tablets (i'm taking the ladies version too) :hugs: x

Welcome to the forums, you will get some excellent advice here from lovely ladies. I'm 39 and its great to chat with others in the late 30s on their journey TTC. Good luck to you and showering you with baby dust xx

Hi dear, u r welcome to BNB, believe u will get the right support you need, i did and really glad to have found dis site. I wish you all the best and hope ur ttcing period isn't too long.

All d best for th future:dust:

Hello sweetie & welcome!

Support and advice here is amazing!

:hi: Welcome!

My GP asked me if I'd had the blood test done exactly 7 days before my period and I had so the result I got must have been accurate.

Hmmm, it's a common theme on here of people getting different advice from their docs and many docs seeming to do the tests at the wrong time. I understand that the key time to do the "21 day" progesterone test is 7 days AFTER OVULATION. The time before your period is irrelevant (e.g. I only have a 7 to 8 day luteal phase (LP) so to do the test 7 days before my period would be on the day of ovulation, which is pointless because the progesterone level would be v low then anyway.)

Unless you have very regular 28 day cycles and you ovulate on day 14 every month of course. In that case 7 days before your period would be right...

Hi and welcome. I´m 38 too, although my OH is a baby only 35. He also has some lazy swimmers and we are taking vitamins to try to solve it. I´m always amazed at how people who know we are ttc always presume that it is my fault, (horrid word) that we haven´t get a BFP yet, and yet so many cases seem to be due to the sperm quality. The good news is that sperm can change vastly in just a three month period (that is how long it takes to make) so hopefully you vitamins should get you a BFP before Christmas. I hope so! In the mean time join in and let us listen and bend you ear about everything from dog behavior to cervical mucus in gory detail.:dust:

Hi and welcome. I´m 38 too, although my OH is a baby only 35. He also has some lazy swimmers and we are taking vitamins to try to solve it.
Mine's even more of a baby - only 33! And convinced he won't have any problems with his little swimmers because he's younger than me, so doesn't need to eat healthily, excercise, take supplements or generally do anything to help improve our chances:growlmad:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->