Just weaning with bought baby food?

Vicks

Reaction score
I'd love to make my own purees and am starting to give it a try this weekend (gulp! Hope I can do it, I'm no cook :dohh:) but just wondered if anyone started weaning purely with the baby food jars?

I have bought baby rice to start and also a few jars of the stage 1 stuff, which says from 4 months. But all I seem to read about it purees and BLW.....If the puree thing just doesn't work out for us, is it ok to just use the jars until he is a little older and we can puree some of our dinner?

I'm terrified about this whole weaning thing and probably completely over-worrying so have 1001 questions!!

I used jars occasionally with my little man, whos nearly 5, but would never have been able to afford to give him purely jars, they are so expensive!! I preferred to puree my own too, so that I knew exactly what I was feeding him. Its really easy to puree - just chuck whatever you're eating into the blender and press the on button :) You may need to add some water to make it a bit sloppier though, it can sometimes be a bit dry depending on what you're eating. Obviously you start with just veg or fuit and build up to lots of different foods as they get older xx

i uesed just jars with my es ho is 5 and iam 99.99% sure this is why he is such a fussy eater and will only eat a few things. I think the jars are ok for a 1 off like when we have a take away are micro meal but i would never give it all the time i have not gone near it for lucas.

I have found this web site that i have found brill iam no cook at all.
https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

Hi, you can try the Annabel Karmel website for pureee ideas, ive bought the book of hers in asda for only 3.00, its fantastic, gives easy recipe ideas from early to late weaning, using jars now and then is fine too, my little girl has a few favs in the mums own by heinz jars that we stock up and use if we are eating something different or out for the day :)

I have nothing against jars in theory, but from my experience of other mum friends, once their babies had tasted jars (which are very smooth and not as strong tasting) they were less keen on their own purees. They are now stuck to just giving jars. So I would recommend pureeing your own as much as possible, unless you really don't mind just using jars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->