just wondered if its a wifes tale??

bickers

pregnant-2nd Trimester
Reaction score
hi everyone...hope your all well and babys.....my aunts midwife once told her that you could tell if it might be a girl or boy as they have diffrernet heart beats? as i heard the heartbeat yesterday and was wondering if that was true if anyone can help me out?? x

Na! I think some people have their own opinions but my little one has various heartrates, so did my best friends LO.

I would categorise this as an old wives tale yes, but, my mum had twins and the girl had a faster heart rate than the boy. Having said that not too many people have the benefit of having twins to compare.
I think it goes if the heart rate is ove 140 bpm its a girl and if its under 140 its a boy, well I have 4 boys all with heartrates over 140 (my last boy averaged 155 and I was convinced girl)
Even with all this I love to guess!!

https://infertilityanswers.typepad.com/surrogacy_101/2008/08/hearing-the-fet.html

theres a bit in it that says

A normal fetal heart rate usually is between 120 and 160 beats per minute. While rumors abound, the truth is there is no difference between girls' and boys' rates, so knowing if the heart beat is fast or slow can't help you to choose baby clothes or room decor.

:hugs::hugs:

I would categorise this as an old wives tale yes, but, my mum had twins and the girl had a faster heart rate than the boy. Having said that not too many people have the benefit of having twins to compare.
I think it goes if the heart rate is ove 140 bpm its a girl and if its under 140 its a boy, well I have 4 boys all with heartrates over 140 (my last boy averaged 155 and I was convinced girl)
Even with all this I love to guess!!

thanks...that good to know..i think everybody and baby has their own heart beat...but then my aunty has got 19 month old twin boys and theirs were slower...you just dont know do you.. yh everones telling me a boy..i love guessing to just carnt wait to find out tho now x

It's rubbish! Apparently above 140 it's a girl and below is a boy. Mine is 160 and is a boy and my friends is 130 and is a girl!!!

My doctor guessed boy based on baby's heartrate.. I think it was like 141 when she guessed.. but I had a girl! Her heartrate was 150s in my other visits during pregnancy btw.

mine has ranged from 137 to 165 during monitoring. I have been told no matter the gender, at about 8wks, you can expect them to be about 180.

xxx

Oh, and I'm expecting a boy.

All of mine have been between 120bpm - 200 bpm, or did you mean the sound cos I heard one was meant to sound like horses, the other a train, or something like that, but thats rubbish too :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->