just wondered if its a wifes tale??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by bickers, Apr 23, 2009.

1. bickers

bickers pregnant-2nd Trimester

hi everyone...hope your all well and babys.....my aunts midwife once told her that you could tell if it might be a girl or boy as they have diffrernet heart beats? as i heard the heartbeat yesterday and was wondering if that was true if anyone can help me out?? x

2. AP

AP Well-Known Member

Na! I think some people have their own opinions but my little one has various heartrates, so did my best friends LO.

3. soon2b6

soon2b6 Mum to 6

I would categorise this as an old wives tale yes, but, my mum had twins and the girl had a faster heart rate than the boy. Having said that not too many people have the benefit of having twins to compare.
    I think it goes if the heart rate is ove 140 bpm its a girl and if its under 140 its a boy, well I have 4 boys all with heartrates over 140 (my last boy averaged 155 and I was convinced girl)
    Even with all this I love to guess!!

4. babystar

babystar Guest

5. bickers

bickers pregnant-2nd Trimester

thanks...that good to know..i think everybody and baby has their own heart beat...but then my aunty has got 19 month old twin boys and theirs were slower...you just dont know do you.. yh everones telling me a boy..i love guessing to just carnt wait to find out tho now x

6. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

It's rubbish! Apparently above 140 it's a girl and below is a boy. Mine is 160 and is a boy and my friends is 130 and is a girl!!!

7. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

My doctor guessed boy based on baby's heartrate.. I think it was like 141 when she guessed.. but I had a girl! Her heartrate was 150s in my other visits during pregnancy btw.

8. overcomer79

overcomer79 LT-TTC success 3.5yrs

mine has ranged from 137 to 165 during monitoring. I have been told no matter the gender, at about 8wks, you can expect them to be about 180.

xxx

Oh, and I'm expecting a boy.

9. Tasha

Tasha 4kids+2angels+16mc

All of mine have been between 120bpm - 200 bpm, or did you mean the sound cos I heard one was meant to sound like horses, the other a train, or something like that, but thats rubbish too :rofl: