Just wondering about opk's

babydoll06

Reaction score
I know you are supposed to count your first positive as THE positive and then o 12-36 hours later..

HOWEVER. what if you test one evening and you get a positive thats both equal shades and the next mid morning test you take your test line is WAY darker than the control line.. does that mean you're super close to o?

Yes, it definitely means you are super close.

Thank you! Oooh one more question.. what if the two lines look like they are the same darkness but then after the test dries the line is lighter.. do you go with the original positive or count it as a "almost positive"?

How long after you tested? You shouldn't read them after 10 minutes.

It was just a general question.. just cause I've noticed some people post opk progressions and their o day isn't the same shade once its dried, it's lighter.. I'm sure it was at the time.. but say the next test in their line up IS even shades dried.. so should they still count the first one as o or the second?

The darkness is also related to how dilute your urine is. It is not an accurate measure of LH levels, just an indication. That is why they do not suggest testing with FMU as you urine is very concentrated and makes the signal stronger

And package inserts for OPKs all advise to stop testing after your first positive :) So I'm guessing that you take the first positive as your result and ovulation occurs 24-48 hours later

I never got a darker than line. This is the darkest mine got. Does this mean I didn't actually ovulate?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 10
I never got a darker than line. This is the darkest mine got. Does this mean I didn't actually ovulate?

This is about how dark mine get and I know I have ovulated because I have lots of other signs to back it up :)

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->