• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

just wondering (working tax credit)

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
if you get pg before the end of your mat leave and dont qualify for smp etc again, do you still get working tax credit on mat leave the 2nd time round? just curious xx

Before the end of the 39 weeks or the extra 13? I believe if it is in teh 13 weeks you are classed as still working and so you are entitled to SMP based on what your monthly salary WOULD be.

Not sure about if it is in the 13 weeks after tho

I jsut found this:https://www.worksmart.org.uk/rights/my_maternity_leave_is_about_to_finish

My maternity leave is about to finish and I am pregnant again. What are my rights?

Your maternity leave does not break your continuity of employment, so your right to maternity leave for this pregnancy will be based on your total service with this employer. You might also qualify for SMP, as long as you meet the normal conditions.

You must give the same notice as you did the first time you went on leave.

It is important that you physically go back into work for a period – even just one day – in order to maintain all of your rights. You will, however, have the same rights as you would have received on returning from Additional Maternity Leave i.e. the right to return to the same job, or if that is not reasonably practicable, a suitable alternative job on similar terms and conditions.

You should also note that SMP is calculated on average earnings of 8 weeks before the 15th week before the baby is due. Therefore, if you received Statutory Maternity Pay or Maternity Allowance for your first period of maternity leave, then your next maternity leave will be calculated using the actual amount of money you received in this time, which in tax year 2008/09 was £117.18 per week..

Returning to work between the two leave periods may increase the amount of SMP you receive, particularly if you can return 8 weeks before the end of the 15th week before the baby’s due (i.e. when you are about 7 weeks pregnant).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->