Just wondering...

xxxKatiexxx

Reaction score
...when is it ok to start trying to bring on labour? I know they'll come when they're ready etc etc. Is it ok at 37 weeks, are they FULLY developed etc?

Just curious!

:baby:

lol go for it, try all you like but he'll be coming out when he's good and ready barring a traumatic car accident or something! I'm nearly 39 wks and have been trying sex, nipple tweaking and hot food for the past week! lol

Lol, I'm not ready to start trying yet I'm just about to be 36weeks. Just wasn't sure if 37weeks is acceptable and safe etc or not. Good luck hope LO comes soon :)

I would say 39 weeks+

although your 'term' at 37 weeks studies have shown babies born between 37-39 weeks have more potential problems than those born 39weeks or more

personally i wouldn't try at all because if you did bring on labour before your baby and body are ready it's more likely that you will end up with a not as nice birth and more chances of interventions such as foreceps etc or even a section

I want to at least start walking at 37 weeks to get things going. Im already huge!

My doctor said anytime from 37-42 weeks is when babies are ready. The only thing that isn't completely and totally developed is their immune system, but that also continues to develop outside of the womb.

But my doctor said girl babies are generally healthier than boy babies (I'm having a girl and am 37+4), so he said it would be absolutely fine to have her now if I want to. He said that if it was a boy, he would prefer me to let it cook in my tummy for a week or two longer, so 38-39 weeks.

So that's just what my doctor said, and I absolutely believe him sooo =]

Hope that helps somewhat.
(Oh, and I would suggest if you do try, not to do anything really drastic, just start with simple stuff like walking and having extra sex, etc.) :thumbup:

Even though it will be and is fun trying all the different old wives tales of bringing on labour, you wont go into labour unless your body as produced the hormone that DOES send you into labour (like the hormone they insert you when you are induced). You can do stuff to 'help during labour' such as the RLT and sex! I bet it is fun trying all the different things (as long as they are safe) but i wouldnt build your hopes up because like i say, your body needs to produce that particular hormone we all cant wait for :flower::thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->