Just wont sleep through! *update*

MoonMuffin

Mom of 2!
Reaction score
I've tried everything to get Kathryn to sleep through the night, and we are down to waking up once, but it takes forever to put her down, and that once (around 2am) lasts an hour! She just wont go back to sleep. We've done everything: shushing, patting, pick up/put down, stricter routine, more feedings during the day, teething gel.
Our doctor suggested letting her CIO, but here's the thing; if we just leave her in her crib, she'll wriggle and roll and kick her way into the corner in 30 sec, and then having her head shoved in the corner bothers her and she goes from crying to screaming. We put her at the bottom of the crib, but she just does it again. Anyone else have this problem, and if so how did you solve it?

**update**
I think it's mainly been theething that's the problem. I got stronger teething gel and it only took 1/3 and our to put her down, and she only woke up once and I put some more on her gums and she went down in 20 min! Thanks to everyone for the help

Don't think I can help sorry but just wanted to say well done on getting down to one wake up a night! We have gone backwards - our LO is up about 4 times a night now!!

Hope you get some answers xx

hi,

have you tried dream feedin your baby before you go to bed? with my son we feed him at 11 at night n he now sleeps until about 7oclock. this morning we had 2 wake him up 2 get ready!!!

hope you get some sleep!

hi,

have you tried dream feedin your baby before you go to bed? with my son we feed him at 11 at night n he now sleeps until about 7oclock. this morning we had 2 wake him up 2 get ready!!!

hope you get some sleep!
Thanks. We've tried but if we even touch her she fully wakes up and then it's another struggle to put her back down :dohh:

Tbh, loads of babies at 4 months don't sleep through. In fact 'sleeping through' is actually when they sleep for a 5 hour stretch, not 12. Do you feed her when she wakes up? It may just be that she is actually hungry.

hi,

hope you get some sleep!
Thanks. We've tried but if we even touch her she fully wakes up and then it's another struggle to put her back down :dohh:

If you were to feed her at say 11 would be a little easier on you having to be up for an hour rather than going to bed and then waking up for an hour? Might work?

As for roaming about her cot what about introducing a sleeping bag? We have Max in a bag and then a very thin cotton sheet over him to keep him in place...otherwise he'd be squirming in the corner!

hi,

hope you get some sleep!

If you were to feed her at say 11 would be a little easier on you having to be up for an hour rather than going to bed and then waking up for an hour? Might work?

As for roaming about her cot what about introducing a sleeping bag? We have Max in a bag and then a very thin cotton sheet over him to keep him in place...otherwise he'd be squirming in the corner!

We've tried a bag, and swaddling, but she still shoves herself in the corner, She's very very strong. She can sit up and stand up for a bit already as long as she can hold onto my fingers for balance.

Tbh, loads of babies at 4 months don't sleep through. In fact 'sleeping through' is actually when they sleep for a 5 hour stretch, not 12. Do you feed her when she wakes up? It may just be that she is actually hungry.

True, but my main problem is that it takes her an hour fall asleep @ bed time, then she wakes up in the middle of the night and she stays up for an hour! She woke up twice last night, stayed up for an hour each time and woke up @ 7. I'm just sooo tired, I wouldn't mind her waking up if she would go down fast like she used to. And it's not even that she's awake for an hour, it's that she's sleepy and trying to go back to sleep for an hour.

Lola didn't sleep through until well after 4 months. She would always wake up atleast once a night.
When I moved her in to her own room in the cot I started using a sleeping bag, night light (a rotating one), a glade plug in and would stay with her until she fell asleep deeply. It really helped and in the end what got her sleeping through fully was giving her a small amount of baby cereal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->