Kahlyer (collier) or Kuinlynn (quinlynn) for a girl

ttcpostvr

Reaction score
We are struggling to decide between these 2 names for our little girl due in about 10 weeks. Our 14 month old.daughter's name is Kizely. (With a long i sound).

Which of these 2 do you prefer? Also, any other suggestions for unique k names?

The spelling isn't really my style, but kuinlynn is a pretty name.

I'd go with Quinlynn. I'm sure you want to be unique with the spelling, but I personally think it looks prettier with a 'Qu'. I've not heard this name yet regardless of the spelling and I've been teaching for almost a decade. :)

the names themselves are both nice, i think i prefer Collier. You could keep the k but leave the rest to a normal spelling? Try and visualize your daughter not as a cute baby but a 45 year old business woman and ask yourself if she would appreciate still having to spell out her name to people she meets.

The names sound nice but being a person with a oddly spelt name I wouldnt give my children names that they needed to spell out to everyone.

It gets old very fast

I really like Quinlynn, but spelled this way. It's a name I considered myself, but hubby didn't go for it. I'm not a fan of Kahlyer (either spelling, sorry), but I think Quinlynn is just lovely. The K spelling looks trendy and it's hard to picture on an adult, but the Q spelling looks like it could fit any age.

I agree with everyone above about quinlynn out of those two. But do bare in mind she will spend her whole life spelling out her name to people and have people misprouncing it.
But at the end of the day our opinions don't matter if you love it x

Although my name isn't THAT unusual, it is a bit unusual in its spelling and I have never met anyone who spelled it correctly and only a handful of people who pronounce it correctly and it honestly never bothered me. I like my name. :)

I know lots of people don't like names that are intentionally spelled "different" than how that particular name is "supposed" to be spelled, but I say you should keep the spelling if you like it, you never really know what your child will feel like in 20 years anyway. She might love it! :)

Not my cup of tea sorry but can imagine them sounding gorge :)

Here are some other unique K names that may not be so awkward in spelling: Kalani, Kalinda, Karina, Karissa, Kasinda, Kaylyn, Keelin, Keely, Killian. I just browsed through a different sort of book, those jumped out as options you might like. Easier for her to live with, but still different and beautiful.

Spent 27 years spelling and correcting the pronunciation of my maiden name. It gets old and made me feel awkward growing up. I wouldn't advise such awkward spelling.

I like Collier but really don't like the way you spelled either of the names, sorry. :/ I'm all for unique spellings but not when it's TOO out there. I agree with a previous poster, you could try Kollier instead?
Quinlynn is pretty too. But spelt with the q, not the k.

I've never even heard of Collier. It's very masculine to me, and sounds like a company name rather than a persons name.

I think both spellings you like are whacky.

spelling changed the names so much for me that I was totally not pronouncing either name the way you would like.

Not sure if that makes me a majority or minority.

Don't lump your child with having to spell her name for the rest of her life. Its not fair. My name is not unusual but has the old spelling and I have to spend my life correcting people. My parents were not trying to be cute, they just used the original spelling.

I've never even heard of Collier. It's very masculine to me, and sounds like a company name rather than a persons name.

My close friends have it as a surname. Never heard of it as a first name.

I used to work with a company called Collier :haha:

From a surname which I had to spell all the time to a married name which I do not, I definitely prefer the easiness of having an easy name. It does get very annoying very quickly.

I completely reiterate what the others have said. I have a completely normal, common name. However it has a slightly unusual spelling (but not that out there!), and people constantly mispell my name (and even try and correct me!), and it drives mad!

I'm also a big supporter of not thinking about your child as a baby, but as a professional adult. Names like that could make it difficult for them to get on.

Failing that, choose a simple, normally spelt middle name that she could use as her name instead. In case she doesn't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->