Kai George Jellis birth story 3/3/09

passengerrach

mummy to kai
Reaction score
i know this is very late but i finally have time and im not too tired lol

on mon 2/3/09 a week before my due date i had a niggling feeling that this would be the day not many pains or anything i just knew my baby would be on his way very soon. at about 10.30 pm i went to the toilet and was having my show i was a bit worried about it as id read that a show is like mucous with a bit of pink staining but this seemed like quite a bit more than that so i put on a pad and waited to see how it went i think i started to get some very mild irregular pains a bit after that but didnt really notice them. so i checked again and i still had blood down there so i rang labour ward told them what was happening she asked me loads of questions including are you having contractions i said i dont know and she laughed at me and said trust me ud know if u were so she said basically its prob blood from intercourse and left it.

so i thought id go to bed anyway i could not sleep my contractions were getting more painfull with each one so i tryed having a bath and thought id time the contractions even though i knew id have probably hours like this and was trying to wait it out at home as long as possible so i timed them and they were about 3 mins apart!!! i kept timing them thinking id got it wrong but no i was right i tryed staying in the bath as long as poss but i was in quite a lot of pain so i got out got dressed rang labour ward they said well u can come in but i think ul be going home again because u prob dont need to come in yet so i woke my oh and my dad to drive me to hospital (oh dont drive)
got there at 2.15 tues morning got checked and midwife said omg ur 4 cms dilated i never thought ud be that far along ur going no where lol i was secretly thinking ha have that bitch lol.
the contractions got worse with each one and i tried gas and air while on a ball was sick even before the gas and air then i was sick twice more throughout the labour i thought the gas and air wasnt working so gave up on it and just lay on the bed moaning in agony i asked for something else for the pain they gave me morphine by an injection in my bum lol i dont think it helped with the pain but it made me sleep in between each contration then as the contractions got worse i asked for an epidural they said u cant have one yet so i gave it half hour pain was unbearable so asked again they got all annoyed saying to my oh well we will have to assess her first before they even come in my waters broke so i sent my oh out again to tell them they came in checked me and said it was too late for my epidural there was also meconium in my waters so i was hooked up to the moniters so they could keep an eye on babys heart i was screaming in agony by now and needed to push so badly but i couldnt as some of my cervix was still there i remember asking her if she could just cut it out so i could push and her cracking up laughing (i didnt realise that u need that bit again) this was the hardest bit for me as the urge to push was so strong my body was just doing it but finally she said i could push and after 10 mins of pushing at 6.32 am on tues 3/3/09 my beatifull 6lb 13oz baby boy was delivered on to my stomach while my oh cut the cord then he was given to me for a cuddle the best feeling in the world he was worth all the pain.

my labour in total from when i had my show till baby was born was 7 an half hours i had to have two stitches as id torn internally and for the next week or so id told everybody i was never ever having any more kids again but now im slowly forgetting the pain and just remembering the feeling of my baby son being placed in my arms for the very first time.
forgot to add he also had his cord round his neck
sorry its so long

Fab story, its funny how midwife's tell you how your feeling!!
lol
Congratulations x

Awwww hun as i said before hes lovely, You did so well congrats sweety . x .

Congrats Rach, great story, well done.

:hug::hug::hug:

great story - so glad you're both well and happy!
:)
LP
xox

Well done and congratulations on your safe arrival!!!!!

Rebecca. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->