Kai- what do you think?

vickyandchick

Mum of boys
Reaction score
The name Kai has always been on our shortlist, I do like it but have never been totally sure on it. His dad loves it and it's almost the 1st name he always brings up.
What do you think of the name Kai, do you know someone called it or what sort of person do you envisage when hearing it?

The other names we like are Leo(my fave), Logan, Jaiden and I like Ollie but FOB hates it:growlmad:

Hmm - TBH, ever since Wayne Rooney called his son Kai, I've not been a fan - it made it a WAG/Chav name to me...

I do however know a grown up one, who is lovely and not at all chavvy - so it is a personal association, I'm not speaking for all!!!!

I LOVE Logan - sadly OH has vetoed it xx

I love Logan and ollie :). Kai does remind me of Coleen Rooney and Daniella Westbrook though, and as a result kind of puts me off, however that said my daughter went to school with a lovely boy named Kai x

I like Kai as a middle name better than a first, personally.
Corbin Kai sounds awesome to me

LOVE Logan, Leo & Jaiden!!! We must have similar taste lol

What about Oliver Kai nn Ollie?

Other suggestions:
Frederick
Ryan
Tyler
Jacob
Xavier

I have known one little boy named Kai - very cute kid, from a good family. I like that it means "ocean."

I like the name Kyler, it's on my list. I imagine it would often be shortened to "Ky."

I also love the name Jaiden... and Logan & Leo are nice too!

I knew a boy named Kai, I kind of like it. Not something you hear too often!

Thank you all, I'm having such a hard time deciding even though I thought he was a boy all along:wacko:
I really like Oliver Kai and Logan Oliver though:thumbup:

My niece is called Kai. I hate the name, sorry! It makes me picture Jeremy Kyle guests.

Hahaha thank you for your honesty:) There's always been something 'off' about it to me but I could never pinpoint what it was.

Yeah it has very slight chavvy overtones for me, too. Sorry!

I did know a very sweet boy from a nice family called Kaya (KY-uh), but I always thought it was a bit feminine for a boy.

My favourite is Oliver (Ollie) from your names.
Another short name with a watery meaning is Rio, which I prefer over Kai.

I know a Kai, he's sweet enough. I don't really like it though. I prefer the spelling Kye if your going to use it though.

I used to work with a man called Kai, he was quiet but creative. I have a friend whose son is called Kynan and another whose nephew is called Kyan, could they be alternatives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->