Kaleea Marie? Thoughts?

firsttimemaman

Pregnant- 1st time mom
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My sister really wants to name her daughter Kaleea. I think it's a beautiful name, but she's not sure about the spelling. What do you think of it? Do you have any alternate spellings that would make more sense? She had these ideas, but doesn't want people to mispronounce it:
Kahlia
Cahlia
Kaleya
Callia
Kaliah

Thanks!

That is currently our top girl name, but we will spell it Callia.

Kahlia or Cahlia I think would be hard to pronounce it wrong. xx

I have to admit I wasn't sure how to pronounce it spelled Kaleea (KAY-lee-a/KA-lee-a/Ka-LEE-a) I think she would have less pronunciation problems with Kahlia/Cahlia or Callia.

I vote Kahlia. Not a lot of room for error there, and I love names that start with K.

Thanks everyone. The pronunciation would be Ka-LEE-ah. My sister's worried that people will pronounce it Kaw-lee-a, which is not what she wants.

In that case I would spell it Kaleah because I was reading Kahlia as KA-lee-a.

Kahlia/Cahlia = KA-leah
Kaleya = Kuh - Lay - uh (LOVE THIS!!)
Callia = Call-ee-uh
Kaliah = Kuh-lee-ah
Kaleea = Kuh - lee-ah

If you want it to be Ka-Lee-ah I'd go with:
Kaleea
Kaleeah
Kaliah
Kaleah
Kaleiya <---Love this too!

My guess is that there will probably be some mis-pronunciations no matter how it's spelled. I've seen some very common names pronounced incorrectly. So your sister should just pick the way she likes it spelled best. :) If I saw Kaleea, I'd pronounce how your sister would like: Ka-Lee-a. I've only ever heard of one person with the same name (A participant in the U.S version of Big Brother) and she spelled it: Kalia, which I'm sure could be pronounced lots of ways too, but she pronounced it Ka-Lee-a like your sister, so that's another option that I didn't see anyone else suggest. I hope she finds a spelling she likes! :thumbup:

My guess is that there will probably be some mis-pronunciations no matter how it's spelled. I've seen some very common names pronounced incorrectly. So your sister should just pick the way she likes it spelled best. :) If I saw Kaleea, I'd pronounce how your sister would like: Ka-Lee-a. I've only ever heard of one person with the same name (A participant in the U.S version of Big Brother) and she spelled it: Kalia, which I'm sure could be pronounced lots of ways too, but she pronounced it Ka-Lee-a like your sister, so that's another option that I didn't see anyone else suggest. I hope she finds a spelling she likes! :thumbup:

I like Kalia... kind of like Talia

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->