kale's LARGE story.

zebraprint

two boys expecting baby 3
Reaction score
the entire time during my 9th month of pregnancy i complained about everything and did what ever i could to naturally induce labor. walking, spicy foods, sex. everyone kept telling me that he'll come when he's ready and to just relax but i was DONE with being pregnant. i was big swollen and sore. i also kept telling my ob that he was enormous but he was convinced he was right on track. two days before my due date i had my 40 week app where my ob stripped my membranes and told me if i haven't started having contractions by 8p that night, that i most likely didn't work. my app was at 2. i went home and decided to eat something and take a nap. i felt really uncomfortable (if you've had your membranes stripped, it isn't pleasent) and noticed a little spotting but didn't worry cause my doc said that was to be expected. i woke up a few hours later in a little bit of pain so i got all excited and pulled out my watch and pad of paper to start timing. i was 13 min apart and they were fairly consistant so i knew it was labor, but i didn't want to call my husband at work to freak him out. that same day was my little brothers' birthdays (they're twins) and they kept calling me begging me to drive 30 minutes to spend time with them. as much as i wanted to, i knew i was in labor but i didn't want to tell them that (and explain where babies come from cause they were 9 at the time). when my husband got home at 11pm that night i was in a lot of pain but timing my contractions had gotten difficult. they went from 13 min to 10 to 8 to 6 then bounced around all over the place and weren't consistant anymore so started to second guess if i was really in labor or not. my husband took me to the hospital where they hooked me up and checked me. i begged for anything to releive the pain and got a shot of morphine that did NOTHING for me. after two hours they told me i was not in labor and i wasn't dialated and to go home. so i did. all night while my husband slept, i was up in labor walking around, trying to lay in a bath, rocking in our chair, i got no sleep. i kept looking at the clock because i wasn't going back to the hospital until the morning when i knew MY ob would be there. at 7:30a i literally ripped my husband out of bed and demanded to be taken back to the hospital. hooked me up to the machine and my doc came in to check and turns out i was 4cm dialated. it was during a blizzard (go figure) so of coarse all the labor rooms were full so they took me to a recovery room saying that if i was progressing fairly quickly, i would deliver in that room. i got the epidural and was instantly happier. they broke my water at 11a and i was dialing fast because i was already 7cm. but then i stopped progressing and they gave me pictocin and another epidural booster. around 3p i was 9cm dialated so my doc wanted me to start pushing. two hours past and i finally gave birth to my son at 5:30p. the doc said (before he came out) that his head was larger then expected and i needed an episiotomy, plus i ripped a ton more after he was born. all the nurses kept saying how big he was but my doc was convinced he wasn't any bigger then 9lbs. that was until the big 10lbs, 3oz flashed across the scale. he was perfect. no jaundice, and a full head of beautiful platinum blonde hair. since then, he's always been a little bit bigger then the rest at his age, but he's my big baby. oh and he still has the blonde hair, its natural!

A bit boy - congrats hun, and congrats on the new bump too x

Congratulations & congratulations on your next LO :hugs: x

I like a sturdy baby congrats. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back