**Katie Aileen was born** 01/04/2010

BBonBoard

Proud Mommy of 2 girls
Reaction score
Here is the Birth story of my precious little girl!!!!

December 16, 2009:
35+5:
I went in to preterm labor this day. My husband was at work, and I thought I was just having Braxton Hicks so thought nothing of it. DH came home from work at 6pm and I felt horrible. He had a few errands he needed to run, and I didnt want to be home alone so I went with him. We were standing in Radio Shack when I got a terrible pain in my belly, it took my breath away. I told DH I thought we should go to the hospital to get checked just to make sure the baby and I were both ok. So we got in the car and drove an hour to the hospital. We got to the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitors. Sure enough I was having contractions.

They checked my cervix and I was 1.5cm dilated. So they send me out into the hallway to walk, walk, and walk some more. About and hour and a half later they checked my cervix and I was now 3cm dialated. They decided that I was too early and gave me a shot of tributline to stop the contractions. This injection slowed the contractions down, but did NOT stop them. So they gave me a second injection call Vistrill, this shot burned really bad. At about 4am the contractions and stopped and they sent us home.

December 17, 2009:
35+6

We got home about 5am and I was wore out. DH crashed out on the couch and I passed out in the bed. We slept the whole day away. At 2pm I got up to use the restroom and when I wiped there was blood. This kinda freaked me out so I woke up DH and told him. It wasnt much blood but I was a bit concerned. We waited for about an hour and I checked again. The blood was gone, but I had started getting cramps again, so we headed back to the hospital as they had advised us earlier in the morning when they discharged us. We get in the car and drive and hour to the hospital. They hooked me up to the monitor and sure enough I was contracting again. They checked my cervix and I was now 4cm dilated.

They told me to walk, walk and walk some more, so DH and I walked the hall ways for two hours. They decided since I had already dilated to 4cm they were going to keep me in overnight and see what happens. My doctor came in and checked on me, he said if we hadnt had the baby by morning they would give me some hormones to help me progress.

At about 4am I stopped contracting again. So DH and I are trying to get as much sleep as you can on a Labor and Delivery floor. I got woken up at about 5am by the lady next door, she just delivered her baby and I heard the baby crying, I thought it was her screaming which completely freaked me out, but DH told me it was the baby crying. LoL. Silly me.

December 18, 2009
36 weeks
The nurse came in at about 7am and checked my cervix, I was still 4cm and my contractions had stopped. She told me they were going to start me on pitocin. I freaked out at the thought of this. So DH and I had a talk and decided that I DID NOT want the pitocin and I wanted to go home. The nurse called my doctor and he said as long as I wan not contracting I could go home, but that if my water broke or I started contracting again I was to immediatley come back to the hospital. So we got discharged and went home to wait for things to happen on there own.

We waited, and waited and waited........

New Years came and went.

January 3, 2010:
38+2:

I was fed up by this point as I was sure Dearest Daughter would have been here by now. Boy was I wrong, I tried every thing I could think of to get her out. DH and I did the deed this afternoon as I was hoping it would start things off. Sure enough at about 9pm I was having contractions again but didnt tell DH yet cause I figured I would stop contracting in an hour or so. We put a movie on to watch, and about half way through the movie I told DH to get his things its time to go. He asked me if I was sure, and I told him, I DONT KNOW but lets just go and get checked. My contractions were about 5 minutes apart. We got to the hospital at 11pm. They hooked me up to the monitors and checked my cervix. I was 5cm and 80% effaced. So again, time to walk walk and walk some more. They told me I would not be going home this time until I had my baby.

However sometime in the middle of the night, my contractions started slowing down, at this point I was so frustrated, and I thought, I will never meet my little girl at this rate.

January 4, 2010:
38+3

About 10:30am the nurse came in and started me on a pitocin drip since my contractions were no longer dilating me. I was waiting for the doctor to come break my bag of water as it was protruding down the birth canal. At 1:00pm they transfered me to the delivery room as the doctor was on his way to break my bag of water. I barely got settled into the new room when in came my doctor. He examined me and I was still 5cm dilated.

This is where things got exciting. At 1:15pm the doctor broke my bad of water. My next contraction was excruciating. I could NOT see straight, and I was screaming (I could not help it). I asked for an epidural, the nurse told me it was going to be a half hour and I started crying. There is no way in the world I can handle this pain for 30 minutes. I told my mom and DH that I wanted my bag of water back because before they broke my water i was handling the contractions with no problem. The nurse gave me a pain shot to help me until the doctor anesthisiologist came.

At about 1:30pm the anesthisiologist came in, boy was I happy to see him. He got me set up and gave me my epidural.

At 1:45pm I told the nurse I had the urge to push. She checked me and i was 8cm and 100% effaced. Next contraction I couldnt handle it, I had to push, so the nurse checked me again and told me I was 10cm and I could push. I asked her where the doctor was, and she said she would get him but first she needed to see how good of a pusher i was.

So at 2:00pm i started to push. First push and she told me STOP, dont push anymore. I was crying and telling my husband that i felt like I needed to poop. Oh what a feeling. I dont think my epidural had fully kicked in cause I could feel so much down there. The doctor came in and the nurse told me its ok you can push again. So the doctor is washing up and getting dressed in his paper gown, and I am pushing. I was pushing so hard, with all my might, I wanted my baby NOW. I kept telling the nurses and the doctor, "get this baby out of me". The doctor gave me an episiotomy cause I was pushing the baby out so fast he was afraid I was going to tear.

At about 2:15pm the anesthisiologist came back to check and see how I was feeling, and he was surprised to see that I was already pushing, so he made a very quick exit out of the room. Next contraction I pushed, and the head was out. The doctor told me to stop pushing, he suctioned my daughter out. I yelled I have to push, and the doctor said give me a very small push. So a small push and my daughter was on my chest.

She was absolutely perfect. She gave a scream and the nurses were cleaning her up. Dh and I were both balling.

So 2:29pm and my daughter was born. She weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces and was 19 inches long.

The doctor delivered my placenta and stitched me up, which I felt and boy was that an unpleaseant feeling. He gave me 10 stitches.

They helped me nurse my daughter and then my husband went with the baby to the nursery where they bathed her and got her all settled in. They transfered me over to the mother infant unit, where my husband and daughter later met up with me.

We were discharged on January 6, 2010.

So without further ado, I would like to introduce to you,
KATIE AILEEN

https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss144/megnel02/KatieBirth017.jpg

https://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/swoozan/Katie/KatieBirth030.jpg

https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss144/megnel02/katie006.jpg

aww shes just perfect........makes it sooooooooo worth itt:hugs:

here are a few more pictures of my little princess:

https://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/swoozan/Katie/Katienew2015.jpg

https://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/swoozan/Katie/Katiebirth36.jpg

coming home:
https://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/swoozan/Katie/Katiebirth40.jpg