Kayleigh Beth 23/09/08

hsollis

Reaction score
Well, Kayleigh was born by an unplanned c-section at 9:20 AM on 23/09/08. Just missing her daddy's birthday of 22/09.

My beginning labour pains started on Tuesday, 16/09 and lasted about 1/2 day. They were about 10-20 minutes apart and pretty intense.

Then nothing for 2 days.

On Friday, I had labour pains all day and were also about 10-20 minutes apart and were also painful. I was lucky in that my MIL came by to sit with me in case they got worse but they went away about suppertime.

Nothing on Saturday and then everything started early Sunday morning and they definitely were worse and were getting closer together and the MW came by Sunday evening. I was only 1 cm dilated and she just said to breathe through and if my water broke to call again. Otherwise, we'd see how I was doing in the morning.

Monday morning (after a full night of no sleep), my MIL/FIL came by as hubby had to go to work and stayed with me. What a day... very intense pains but still a bit irregular and not close enough to go to hospital.

MW stopped by at 6pm and then I was only 3 cm dilated. She came back again at 11pm and I was 5-6 cm dilated so off we went to the hospital.

She broke my waters to try to speed things up and in a few hours I was 8 cm dilated.

Contractions by this time were every 3-4 minutes and very strong and painful. However, I didn't dilate any further. MW kept checking on me. I took warm showers and everything to try to speed up the last few cm. Nothing...

In the meantime, MW had 2 other calls and a very fast delivery came in next door. What a night...

I have never been in such pain before and trying NOT to push was difficult. By this time, around 6am-8am on Tuesday, I was losing the fight and was so tired. I hadn't eaten anything since Monday lunchtime and I only had a bit of corn as that was all I could eat. Obviously, also had no sleep since early Sunday morning. They couldn't give me any pain killers as due to the first fast dilations, I missed the window.

They tried in the early morning to put me on a drip to help the dilation but it didn't work. MW called the doctor at about 7:30-8:00 with the situation. I was on the monitor for the baby as well - luckily the baby's heartbeat was strong throughout.

About 8:30 the doctor came in and explained that it was taking too long and that the baby was quite big for me anyway and if I was agreeable she suggested a c-section. I was so tired, that I just said "Yes, please" I honestly don't think I would have lasted through a natural birth at this time, I had absolutely no strength left.

The c-section team was fabulous by the time the decision was made and I was wheeled down and prepped, Kayleigh was born with 1/2 hour. I couldn't believe how efficient it was! Apparenly, she was head down BUT face up so a natural delivery would have been extremely difficult and the c-section was the best option for both of us.

I heard my baby cry and the tears started and the entire ordeal went out my brain and all I felt was happiness, joy and relief!! What a feeling!! I can't begin to describe it... My baby girl made everything worth it!!

I'm sitting in the nursery with the laptop writing this and am just still so overwhelmed with the joy and happiness and miracle of this experience...

My husband was absolutely brilliant during the whole time. As the MW had the other ladies as well he was left to coach me through most of the contractions and when I was so tired and started crying that I just couldn't do it anymore he kicked my butt and said yes you can you've been doing it so far just do it again. He helped me remember to breath through and rubbed my back... What a wonderful man!!! I don't think he got enough credit and the MW as well as she and he also had to yell at me together a couple of times during the contractions.... They were wonderful...

I was 2 nights in the hospital and had excellent care and support.

Now, we've been home for a couple of weeks and are still adjusting and trying to get back on track but it's been a truly miraculous experience.

I thank God every day for this wonderful bundle of joy and happiness - even with all the crying and worrying and everything... What a gift!!

Thanks to everyone here who had also helped with information and advice as it truly helped ease my mind...

God bless you all and congratulations on your little ones!!

Congrats! Beautiful name by the way. xx

well done!!! congratz on your baby girl :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back