Keep getting a stitch...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by tinkerbellita, Dec 22, 2009.

1. tinkerbellita

tinkerbellita Well-Known Member

Is it just stretching? I've not been exerting myself in anyway but the past couple of days I've been getting a stitch on my bump when walking in town. In some ways it feels like he's sticking a leg right out or something.

Is it bubs or is it my body stretching? It feels like a stitch as if I've been running but instead of on my side it's on the bump. :shrug:

2. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

I had this for about two days, and the following week my belly arrived. I looked it up online,and a number of women said it's ligament stretching. Trouble is, I had lifted a really heavy bin bag over my shoulder the day before, and had actually pulled a tummy muscle, so I was pretty concerned. Turns out it was the stretching though.

3. Luke's_mummy

Luke's_mummy Guest

I keep getting this too! Its really uncomfortable and i keep getting it right by my belly button! booo =[ uncomfortable but i think its just that not bad or anything xx

4. pinktaffy

pinktaffy Well-Known Member

i also had it around 22 weeks think its ya tummy stretching not a pleasant feeling.
    i wouldnt worry 2 much i think its perfectly natral.
    if it gets worse or doesnt go away b4 xmass pop the dr's just 2 ease your mind but im sure its fine .

5. sabriena

sabriena Well-Known Member

I had this last week and asked the doctor, she said it was ligament stretching. It was horrible pain. All natural though and it went away within a day for me.

However, if you're worried you should talk to your doctor/mw.

6. tinkerbellita

tinkerbellita Well-Known Member

Thanks all for your replies :)