Keep that baby close!

Mantha3

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has experience with any baby carriers? I wanted to get a few.. a BabyBjorn type and a sling/wrap for the baby when it is a newborn. Anyone have any advise? I have an 18 mo and know I will be needing something like this in order to stay sane :laugh2:
Thanks girls!

i want these too! I had a quick look online and they looked expensive - £49 a pop!..surely there must be some more reasonable around?

I have a denim Baby Bjorn one if you're interested in a cheap one. Let me know for more info as im not sure what size it goes up to etc.

I am looking into hotslings! They look wonderful...and I totally want one. I don't think they are too expensive, but that's what a baby shower is for anyways :rofl:
They have a website...I think its called hotslings.com

I heard on another site that a lot of people like Ring Slings. You can adjust them to your size then. So I am looking into one of those and a babybjorn.

I was looking into the ring slings also, but the only downfall they say is that some of them slip...so you might want to read up on the ones your interested in.

Really?! Darn it! :devil:I swear this stuff is so hard. I mean I THINK I found a good one and BAM nope. :dohh:So frustrating no?

I bought a ring sling made by Taylormade. I went through hundreds of sling reviews and although I originally wanted the Maya Sling it was less expensive to get the Taylormade shipped over than get a Maya in this country!

I've also made 4 mei tai's in the past week and I plan on making more before bubs is born.
I won't be using a pram or pushchair, we are going to be Attachment Parenting.

So yeah Mantha - Keep Baby Close! ;)

Oh, if anyone wants it here's a great babywearing forum with loads of product reviews... https://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/

i carry my son around in slings if anybody has any questions they would like to ask

I bought a ring sling made by Taylormade. I went through hundreds of sling reviews and although I originally wanted the Maya Sling it was less expensive to get the Taylormade shipped over than get a Maya in this country!

I've also made 4 mei tai's in the past week and I plan on making more before bubs is born.
I won't be using a pram or pushchair, we are going to be Attachment Parenting.

So yeah Mantha - Keep Baby Close! ;)

Oh, if anyone wants it here's a great babywearing forum with loads of product reviews... https://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/

Hey Sara did you like the quality of the sling you bought? I was thinking of getting a peanutshell but ring slings are easier to get babies in and out of.

I want one,too! Have you looked on ebay? I saw some reasonably priced slings and wraps ones. I had my heart set on one from next9.org, but I don't think they ship to usa. :(

I think I do prefer ring slings though. I have my heart set on a certain red silk ring sling but as of now I do not have the money right now.

Zolowear slings

we have three pouch slings

one for OH and for me and one for both of us.

these are two hotslings and one peanut shell!

the peanut shell is out of fleece fabrique and I just love to use it indoors!!!

we ordered them @ https://www.bigmamaslings.co.uk/zen-cart/

:hi:

Hey Sara did you like the quality of the sling you bought? I was thinking of getting a peanutshell but ring slings are easier to get babies in and out of.

Hi luckyme, yeah I like the quality - it's professionally made and the rings are very secure.

I like the look of the peanutshells but haven't researched them very much... I keep thinking that bubs will overheat in them because it'll be april/summer when I'd use it! But I would personally choose a ringsling over a peanutshell just for the economic use - you'd get more years out of a rs than a ps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->