Keeping Busy - and a Baby Hope Chest?

you have loads so far you are very good at knitting they are lovely. I would love to start buying stuff now but not sure how OH would feel :wacko: my mum has knit stuff already for me she cant wait for me to have one and neither can I. its all I can think about at the minute :baby:

I have more than that at my parents as well. It filled a medium sized suitcase and that's when I knew it was time to stop.....but I am about to upload some pics of things that I have bought recently (because they were an absolute bargain!) I really need to stop otherwise I will have nothing to buy when I do get pregnant!

I say, if you want to make a start then go for it. But only if they're true bargains. I don't regret buying my bits because they will always come in handy to someone, if not myself x

These next 3 pictures have all been bought from H&M (apart from the book)

Every so often. They have a glitch where they give free postage and £5 off your items. Usually you have to have a minimum spend of £11? BUT when this glitch is on, you can take things out of your basket after check out. So as long as your items come to over £5 after you have taken something out, you will get it for that price, minus the £5 you have off. So if something costs £5.99 you can get it for 99p. All if the items I have bought have cost between 99p and £3! :happydance:

(I think the vests were 3 for 2 at £2.99 each so I got 3 for 99p)

https://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd432/cockatooo/image-6.jpg

https://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd432/cockatooo/image-8.jpg

https://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd432/cockatooo/image-7.jpg

I have all the hungry caterpillar things, they're so cute xx

Seeing all of these cute things make me want to go baby shopping!

I love the Very Hungry Caterpillar too! Those are my favourites of the things you posted.

I also love the knitted cardi! A jumper of some sort is on the needles in the foreseeable future.

The very hungry caterpillar onesie was the very first thing I bought, followed by the vests. It all spiralled out of control from there :dohh:

Today's accomplishment - finishing the Baby Berry Hat as some creative therapy before bed.

https://flic.kr/p/miHuyo

Since I can't get it to post the photo - check out the link if you like =)

Biggest score of the week - 20 brand new mcns (modern cloth nappies) and microfibre inserts, plus two gorgeous wet bags, for $100. Company clearing old season stock. Have not yet told OH but I've done the maths in case he asks - we saved $376 on the nappies alone, or between $2500-3000 in disposable costs as they are one size fits birth to toilet training. If by some nasty twist of fate the quest for a baby ends without a visit from the stork... we can always resell or regift them as they are all fairly neutral colours (I will splash out on some really girly ones if we end up with a girl though!).

That's so great, I used cloth nappies for a time and loved them xx

That's so great, I used cloth nappies for a time and loved them xx

Raspberry, what brand did you use? Did you have to put covers/soakers over them? I'm thinking of making one or two just for the cuteness factor.

I used flat nappies that you fold and need a cover, either pul, fleece, wool.
I used bambino mio which areprefold I think, a saturSquare that you fold in 3 and put in a cover or fan fold, nippa and cover.
And tots bots that are a cross between aio and pocket, I had to boost with hemp or bamboo.
I used fleece liners with all of the above once out of the newborn poo stage I found no liner was actually best.
Xx

Okay, so I know this is probably overboard, but the bargains were just a little too good to pass up - and I want to share my finds with you lovely ladies! Gumtree was my friend for all three of these purchases.

This is 20 one size fits most modern cloth nappies in neutral colours... purchased for $100. I mentioned them a while back... voila =)

They came with two free wet bags. I like the bright colours!

I bought these denim print (not actual denim) nappies and boosters from a lady who bought too many (which will be me no doubt in five years' time!). It would be so cute to be able to have a baby wear these with a little dress or shirt over the top in summer - they'd still look nice but not be too covered up (Australian summers are no joke).

My latest find... and my final one!! 25 print modern cloth nappies, mostly gender neutral but ALL ABSOLUTELY COOL. I think my favourites are the spiderman print, the mustache print and the jigsaw piece print.

Total cost: $100 + $30 + $90 = $220 for 47 (!!) brand new one size fits most modern cloth nappies from three brands, a liner for every nappy, four boosters for overnight and two wet bags. If the nappies don't work well for my future kids, I'll have enough to resell or trade for different brands to try out, or I'll know what to order more of. Or if the fates should have it, and we don't have children for some dire reason, I can resell them and put the money towards another dream.

One major thing I wanted to have done in advance is now finished! Just reusable wipes and a nappy bucket to get. And I saved $180 from my budget of $400 to buy them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->