Keeping Everything the Same for Each Pregnancy?

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
A friend told us about what they call "the binky rule"
1st kid drops binky on the ground you throw it away and present them with a brand new one
2nd kid drops binky on the ground you rinse it with soap and water and give it back
3rd kid drops binky on the ground and you just wipe it off on your pants and give it back

It's a funny little story and of course a little exaggerated for humor sake but there is an element to truth to it too. I know a lot of people who say by their third kid they hadn't even bothered to do the same traditions or things with them like baby books or pictures. A lot of that is just a lack of time, I totally get that, but I am so paranoid about my kids feeling like I love my first born more because I did more "stuff" for him. So, I have made it my mission to keep it as similar as I can starting with pregnancy. All of my kids have a pregnancy scrapbook (just started babe #3's book), got monthly pictures for their first year and they all have filled out baby books etc.

Now I'm in a pickle. With my first two we went for a private gender ultrasound at 14weeks. Of course this one is going to be a surprise so going for a gender scan early would be just silly! Still I was thinking of going around 16 or 17 weeks just to see baby and of course just ask the tech to try their best not to show the gender. DH of course thinks I am bonkers and just like to spend all of our money. Does anybody else like to try and keep things the same for each pregnancy/baby? Or is that just a really weird quirk of mine that I should let go of?

It's totally personal Hun, I couldn't do things the same if I wanted to, as my circumstances have changed so much since my previous pregnancies all those years ago lol. But I think it's a lovely idea, don't be put off doing things how you want them xx

I think it's absolutely up to you. If it makes you feel better to just go for a scan, then there's nothing wrong with it!

With DD we had a 3D at 30 weeks. Money is super tight right as we're only on 1 income for a bit of time, but I feel determined to save up the money for the 3D for this one.

I think it's nice if you're able to keep things the same, but it also doesn't mean you're a bad mom if you're not able to. Sometimes circumstances just don't allow for it. It doesn't mean that the baby is loved any less.

They do anomaly scans at around 20w in the US-- they check the heart, skull, femur length etc to make sure nothing sticks out as having a problem with baby. If you wanted a pic for the scrap book, you could ask the tech to put the screen out of your view and take a gender photo to give you in an envelope. Then after baby is here you can put it into the scrapbook without risking ruining the surprise.

My kids have the same-- but that's because they both have almost nothing, haha. I'm not one to take photos-- I can never step away from a good moment to get the camera and then it's over and I wish I'd gotten a picture.

I worry about things not being the same too... my first born had 6 years of only child but my 2nd will be born in better circumstances though

i have 6 its been different every baby as i get older and wiser but they are all loved the same and they know thats what is important x

I`ve never known anyone base their parents "favoritism".. on the number of ultra sounds their parents had when pregnant with them...if that makes sense lol

baby books I agree with making an effort to keep those the same with each child.. but scans I think you will be ok with :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->