Keeping the secret

Wafflewaffle

Reaction score
I am 8 weeks 3 days and really struggling to keep it a secret now I wanted to keep it a secret until 12 weeks but I just keep telling people I hardly know!

I had to tell close family early on coz got sent to hospital with possible ectopic, at work only manager knows not my work colleagues but I have had time off as my morning sickness is so bad.

I keep telling people I hardly know on Facebook lol like I do body shop at home and I have told a few of my customers, I'm just so excited but also scared coz if anything goes wrong ill have all these people to tell! Eeeek!

I've managed to only tell family, and two people in work (one girl when we were out for lunch and i almost vomitted, and one guy when he asked what was wrong when I had my head down at my desk lol). Scan tomorrow - need to tell my supervisor asap, then probably going to keep it a secret for a while longer (after gender scan perhaps), until i can meet with all my friends and tell them face to face instead of them finding out on facebook!

I'm BURSTING to tell. Only I don't think its fair for my in laws to find out last so I want my dh to tell them before I go blabbing it all around :haha:

Somehow I've managed to only tel my immediate family and hubby's immediate family. Had to tell his as we live with them and it was becoming too obvious with all the symptoms and told my family because wasn't fair to keep them in the dark. I've been dying to tell people do bad, but I've held off. Going to start announcing after my next ultrasound at 11+6.

Somehow I've managed to only tel my immediate family and hubby's immediate family. Had to tell his as we live with them and it was becoming too obvious with all the symptoms and told my family because wasn't fair to keep them in the dark. I've been dying to tell people do bad, but I've held off. Going to start announcing after my next ultrasound at 11+6.

We have told both our brothers but neither sets of parents this is baby number four and I have friends and family also pregs with their first so I don't want to steal their thunder We are going to announce once We have had scan on Friday x

I can wait with this one as my family and in-laws won't be pleased that I'm pregnant again (#3) given my medical issues. So I'm 11w2d and hoping to not have to tell until 20w+ (FX I get that far!).

I tell almost anyone I converse with :haha: I just started uni and asked a question about maternity uniform (student nurse) in front of an auditorium of hundreds! Keep getting people coming up to me, and even another lady who's 18 weeks and scared of telling them.

I go through phases of wanting to tell anyone and everyone and then I just don't want anyone else knowing!! Our 12 week scan is next Monday and I think we may start telling people then but I still can't decide how/when :wacko:

I can wait with this one as my family and in-laws won't be pleased that I'm pregnant again (#3) given my medical issues. So I'm 11w2d and hoping to not have to tell until 20w+ (FX I get that far!).

I understand how u feel as I have had pre eclampsia with all three previous pregnancies so parents will probs tell me off too! Xx

I haven't told anyone yet! :haha: Actually, that's not true. I told the lady behind the Starbucks counter when she forgot to write Decaf on my latte. She glared when I said, "are you sure this is decaf?" so I told her "because I'm pregnant, so it needs to be." She then smiled and said, "oh yes, I'm sure." So, Dh, me and the girl at Starbucks know. :rofl:

Honestly, I'm dreading telling my family. This will be #4 (plus I have a stepdaughter who is 16 living with us full time) so my family will think we are insane. I will have to explain that we conceived on birth control and that DH will get snipped after this one. Unpleasantness all around!

I give in when people ask me if I'm feeling okay. I explain its morning sickness. Thank god we don't live near family. I'd never be able to hide it!

I am 8 weeks 3 days and really struggling to keep it a secret now I wanted to keep it a secret until 12 weeks but I just keep telling people I hardly know!

I had to tell close family early on coz got sent to hospital with possible ectopic, at work only manager knows not my work colleagues but I have had time off as my morning sickness is so bad.

I keep telling people I hardly know on Facebook lol like I do body shop at home and I have told a few of my customers, I'm just so excited but also scared coz if anything goes wrong ill have all these people to tell! Eeeek!

Haha, I'm similar! I've managed to contain myself to an inner circle of friends and family but I also will randomly tell complete and total strangers that I am, because sometimes its necessary and I just want to be able to tell another person lol. Like yesterday, I went to get a few burgers for myself (was so hungry) and told them to make them well done, and just in case the cook got lazy, I wanted to let them know it was because I am pregnant that I can't have it anything but well done, and they said okay. I have completely fallen out of touch with some friends 1) because I don't really have the energy to keep up with so many people and 2) because I know the second they would ask, "So, is there anything new?" I'd be like "YES, I mean... no! I mean, what is this, the Spanish Inquisition! AHHHH!" and then it would be obvious I was hiding something :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->