• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kellys Wedding Journal - 6th July 2013... Countdown begins!!

Bloody hell thats expensive, but they are pretty :) I'm doing homemade! I don't want to spend more than £50 on invites lol xx

they're gorgeous! if we weren't having so many guests we were going to do a similar thing- I love that it's like a little booklet of all the info your guests need! xx

Thanks guys :) it's more OHs doing, lol, he picked them out and I wasn't too sure of the price but he was determined lol.
The lady who makes them will be emailing me later for what to put on the information card, I've written a rough idea....

Hotel Info:

If you would like to stay the night at the hotel please contact ________ quoting _____ for a discounted rate.
Hotel directions can be found at www.stradeyparkhotel.co.uk

Children

Unfortunately due to a limit on numbers were unable to invite children outside of the wedding party.

Gifts

Please don't feel obliged but if you are considering a wedding gift we would very much appreciate a financial contribution towards some much needed home improvements.

Menu

There'll be a set menu on the day, please let us know on the RSVP card if you are vegetarian or have any allergies/intolerances

Does that sound ok to everyone? It's so difficult to word the gift and children part I don't want to offend anyone!

Sounds good to me, the children bit especially xx

Oh good, but do you think it sounds a but abrupt? I feel like I want to say about a million sorrys after it but OH said no, just leave it as its to the point! Lol xx

to be honest I think what you've written is perfect. I know what you mean about the million sorry's-lol I'd be the same-but I think writing it like that sounds like you've made a firm decision, will be sticking to it, and the valid reason why.

if I received that, honestly I wouldn't be offended.

xx

Blimey!!! I'd only be inviting 5 people for that price. Haha. They are beautiful though. I had a feeling they were expensive (hence me asking) :lol:
I'm only making day invites. Evening invitees will be lucky to get a print out from my computer on a plain piece of paper!!

^^^ I'm going to get my evening invites from vistaprint I think :) xx

I really don't know what to do with myself all of a sudden!! Because of Xmas and OH being paid early in December it bladdered us for this month, especially with my rubbish maternity pay too so we can't really buy anything now until end of march when we'll be back on track :(

I have booked my make up artist for me and my mum to come out to the hotel, that was £69 for both of us (mum paying for herself) and I've booked my flowers.
Next Sunday I'm going up to look at stradey castle and pay £50 deposit to secure our date aswell :).

List of things to do and buy:

Bride:

Underwear
Book trial for make up (how far in advance is this normally done?)
Go for dress fitting

Groom/best man/usher/jack:

Go for suit fittings
Men's thank you gifts
OHs ring
Jack shoes (can't do until right before)

Bridesmaids:

Shoes (getting themselves)
Earrings
Alterations x1
Gifts

Stationary:

Place cards
Table numbers
Evening invites
Guest book + Polaroid film

Favours:

Mini love spoons x30
Scratch cards for men to buy just before

Kids favours x3:

Personalised canvas bag (vistaprint)
Bubbles
Pencils/crayons for jack
Colouring book
Disposable camera
Stickers
Giant swirl Lolly pop

Hen party:

Book minibus
Put together party bags (90s weekend so shag bands, hair mascara etc)

Also need to go to the hotel and have a sample meal and ask the following questions:

1. High chair needed x1
2. Menu cards needed?
3. Hotel booked for myself and bridesmaids for the night before
4. BBQ food in evening - what's included
5. What happens with set up in the morning
6. Finish time in evening
7. Check where guests can put luggage if they're staying in the night as ceremony starts at 1pm and check in not until 2pm.

Now the dreaded bit, balances that need paying :(

Venue - £1500 paid - approx balance £3160 to be paid 2 weeks before date

Registrar balance paid £100 - £174 due 6 weeks before

Magician - £100 paid - £375 due on the day

Give notice: £70 paid

Insurance - £29 paid

Cake £56 paid - balance £224 (need to check when due)

Photographer - £250 paid - balance £875 due 30 days before

Wedding coordinator: £100 paid - £500 approx to be paid (need to check when due)

Band and DJ - £87 deposit paid - balance £787 due 24hrs before date

Dress and accessories: £615 paid, balance £615 due in march

My ring: £675 paid

Bridesmaid dresses £220 paid

Suits £50 deposit paid, approx £150 due

Make up £10 deposit paid £50 due on day

Harpist £50 deposit paid £90 due on date

Invites £175 paid

Stradey castle photo location £50 deposit to be paid - £150 balance due

Flowers £280 - nothing paid yet but pencilled in

God my heads in a muddle, I really need to contact everyone and get definite dates for balances!!

I think the hotel might just let them check in early, either that or they should have some kind of 'holding room' for luggage! You look very organised. I have a wedding book with everything in but I am going to write out the important bits again and have a proper folder to make it easier to see what I'm looking for :)
Wayy off topic but I've just noticed your daughter is called Seren. I love love love that name! But I have a feeling the cumbrian accent would butcher it so decided to go with something else incase we have a little girl :)
xx

I never even thought about guests checking in, I'll have to ask that at our hotel as the obviously don't want their cases in the ceremony haha!

Your list looks fab though and don't be put off about the money, at least you can still sort things and decide on things and then just wait to get them til March :)

Your ring is stunning!!
Your invites are just gorgeous, well worth the money x

I think the hotel might just let them check in early, either that or they should have some kind of 'holding room' for luggage! You look very organised. I have a wedding book with everything in but I am going to write out the important bits again and have a proper folder to make it easier to see what I'm looking for :)
Wayy off topic but I've just noticed your daughter is called Seren. I love love love that name! But I have a feeling the cumbrian accent would butcher it so decided to go with something else incase we have a little girl :)
xx

Thanks Hun :) she goes to a welsh school and we really wanted a welsh name and that was definitely the prettiest one!

Couple more things sorted today :)
I've booked the hairdresser for me and 2 bridesmaids, £30 each at the hotel :)

Also bought the bridesmaids shoes!

https://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/katurner63/29A4B0B5-EDD4-4731-9644-D5BC3492B4DD-457-00000041140F3140_zps9df74e19.jpg

I also recieved my proofs for the wedding invites last night after I'd had a few glasses of wine! Haha, sent her a really over the top OMG I LOVE THEM SO MUCH THANK YOU THEY'RE AMAZING THEY'RE PERFECT email cringe!!! I had to proof read them again this morning as I sent that without even checking the spelling etc :dohh:

Those shoes are pretty, I saw some in Next I liked, but then we had a dress disaster so had to put the shoes on the back burner for now!! xx

Glad you love the invites, bet you can't wait to get them now!
Those shoes are to die for :cloud9:

I looked at those shoes in white/ivory for my wedding shoes...they look much nicer in black :lol: Did you get a reply from the invite last? Haha. I'm sure they were fine :)

They were ok thankfully lol!
So embarrassing, she must think I'm completely bonkers :rofl:
Went to see Stradey castle for my pics today and put the deposit down :)
Going to order my favours on Tuesday
https://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/katurner63/673ADABC-F0B0-44ED-9A6E-866EE54E083F-1606-0000017411284505_zpsf2cbcc3e.jpg
Going to have these for the girls, they come with a little personalised tag aswell with the wedding date, names and love spoon meaning.... Only little bits and pieces to buy now! I'm finding this the hardest bit to get my head around, I'm so worried I'm going to forget something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->