Kidney infection??

October2013

Mommy to a baby girl
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever had a kidney infection in their first trimester? I just left urgent care and I have a uti and a yeast infection. I apparently had some blood in my urine, a low fever, and my right-side back is hurting right now. I'm so scared its going to turn to be a kidney infection if it hasn't already. I've been given an antibiotic and they told me to go to the ER if the pain gets worse or if I start vomiting, get dizzy, ect.
I'm so scared if it does get into my kidneys I'm going to lose my baby. Is that possible? Please help. :(

I don't think it would hurt your baby, but it's good you are getting it treated. I'm no doctor, but I've been reading that UTIs are more common in pregnancy because it's harder for us to void our bladders completely. I have been drinking lots of unsweetened cranberry juice to flush out bacteria down there.

The uti won't hurt the baby but a kidney infection might.. I honestly can't get a clear answer online or from this urgent care doctor. I have had many uti's but I've never had pain in my back like this before. For some reason though the Dr wasn't concerned about it. She also prescribed me this otc medicine for the yeast infection called clotrimazole, but this print out she gave me specifically advises not to use the medicine in the first trimester of pregnancy.... :( I'm so confused here???

this print out she gave me specifically advises not to use the medicine in the first trimester of pregnancy.... :( I'm so confused here???

You should call her office immediately and get her response about this.

I will have to tomorrow. It's closed now. :/ I'm ok with waiting on the yeast infection medicine, I'm more concerned that my kidneys are infected. I don't really trust that doctor.

I went into the er last week for a really bad back ache, turns out I had a uti. Been on the antibiotics for 9 days now and I am feeling almost 100% better. I am almost positive it was a kidney infection and now it feels like its pretty much gone. I had no other symptoms before the back ache. Im 8wks and baby is fine (had 2 early us for dating). Im sure you\ll be ok after the infection clears up!

they prescribed me amoxcicillin 1 pill 3 times a day for 10 days. Apparently they are very limited on what is safe to ake when pregnant. It seems like it worked though, i am feeling 100% better now.

I don't mean to scare you, but I wonder if it couldn't be a kidney stone? I hear those are not uncommon in pregnancies (I'm scared to death of getting one, as my family is highly prone to them). Whatever you do, I would call your OBGYN ASAP and until then, drink lots and lots of water. If you have cranberry juice or cranberry tablets on hand (or find yourself able to get to a drug store to buy some), I would take those.

I get UTIs during pregnancy all the time and once I take the meds they give me it goes away. But in one of my pregnancies in my 2nd trimester I kept getting recurrent UTIs even though I treated them. Finally it turned into a kidney infection. Not to scare you but I went into pre term labor because of the kidney infection plus I was severely dehydrated. I had no clue that I was until I got to Labor and Delivery for pain in my lower back. I barely drank water in that pregnancy so that's what led me to have so many UTIs that turned into a kidney infection. Just stay on the meds and I think you'll be okay but if not your doctor will know because they check your urine every time you go for your checkups.

Has anyone here ever had a kidney infection in their first trimester? I just left urgent care and I have a uti and a yeast infection. I apparently had some blood in my urine, a low fever, and my right-side back is hurting right now. I'm so scared its going to turn to be a kidney infection if it hasn't already. I've been given an antibiotic and they told me to go to the ER if the pain gets worse or if I start vomiting, get dizzy, ect.
I'm so scared if it does get into my kidneys I'm going to lose my baby. Is that possible? Please help. :(

Greetings love, can up please provide me an update on how things went? I'm concerned about the same issue, than you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->