Kids First Aid Kit - What should be in it?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Need to do a little kit so wondering if you girls have one and if anyone has anyvsuggestions what to buy?

x

Antiseptic cream (magic cream) themometer, plasters, thats all i can think off lol

I'd say thermometer, antiseptic wipes or cream, plasters, different types of dressings (ie for cuts, burns etc), somethings like Calpol suitable for the age of your LO, something like Piriton syrup for any allergic reactions, maybe something like Bonjela? You can also buy little cool-pack things in the shape of Mr Men for if they bump themselves too.

You could get a first aid kit and any pharmacy. If you want to make up your own thought I'd put in: antibiotic cream (bacitracin), band-aids, alcohol swabs, burn cream, aloe (for blisters) thermometer, Vaseline, infant or children's Tylenol (depending on age), roll of gauze and medical tape, tweezers, suction bulb (if can't blow own nose yet), saline nose drops/spray, and and ice pack. That's all I can think of.

i actually brought this and has come in really handy: https://www.mothercare.com/Wallace-...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

here's whats included:
dressing, plasters, bandages, creams, wipes, gloves, scissors, tweezers and safety pins

Got this from the net hun:

first-aid manual
sterile gauze
adhesive tape
adhesive bandages in several sizes
elastic bandage
antiseptic wipes
soap
antibiotic cream (triple-antibiotic ointment)
antiseptic solution (like hydrogen peroxide)
hydrocortisone cream (1%)
paracetamol and ibuprofen
extra prescription medications (if the family is going on vacation)
tweezers
sharp scissors
safety pins
disposable instant cold packs
calamine lotion
alcohol wipes or ethyl alcohol
thermometer
plastic gloves (at least 2 pairs)

also I'd add vicks vaporub
all your emergency numbers
a meningitus check-list
bonjela/teething powders