Kids with big age gap

I'm 21 and my little brother is 7 (he's a full brother, not half) and our sister is 19. I was 14 when he was born and apart from the initial year when I was going through a typical teenage rebellious stage, i've looked upon him in a more caring, motherly role than a sisterly role. Our mum went back to work when he was 1 so needed help with childcare, which i did when i wasn't at college. As he gets older we argue more, mainly about discipline and what he's not allowed to do ('BUT ITS NOT FAIRRRR!') but he's still very affectionate and we're close :)
My sister and my brother, however, was a different story. She was 12 when he was born and a proper angel, and the 4 years following his birth she completely rebelled and didn't really have much to do with him. She emotionally distanced herself, and only recently (age 18-19) has started to spend more time with him and not get annoyed with him all the time!
But our situation is quite different, im sure you'll be fine :)
Will be interesting to see how my brother reacts to my own child, whos due in the next 6 weeks! there'll be 7 1/2 years between them x

My son was 7 when my two year old was born. He was great when he was a baby but now he gets jealous and they fight quite a bit. That's two boys though. Girl/boy girl/ girl combo might be different plus I suppose it depends on the personality.

Oops just seen thread is super old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->