Kiinde Twist bottle system question...

flipporama1

Reaction score
I'm pregnant with #4. I exclusively breastfed all of my babies for over a year, close to two for one of them. However, this baby is my new dh's first baby and he's 52 years old and completely clueless. He really wants to be able to feed the baby sometimes because he feels it's necessary for some reason. Ugh. I keep tryin to explain nipple confusion, and other things that can happen (like baby could get lazy and only want a bottle,which would be devastating to me), but he insists.... has anyone tried the Kiinde Twist system? It looks like it may be a good option for the occasional feeding from daddy. I'm trying to find something that would not be too confusing for the baby and most like breastfeeding. TIA

I'm pregnant with #4. I exclusively breastfed all of my babies for over a year, close to two for one of them. However, this baby is my new dh's first baby and he's 52 years old and completely clueless. He really wants to be able to feed the baby sometimes because he feels it's necessary for some reason. Ugh. I keep tryin to explain nipple confusion, and other things that can happen (like baby could get lazy and only want a bottle,which would be devastating to me), but he insists.... has anyone tried the Kiinde Twist system? It looks like it may be a good option for the occasional feeding from daddy. I'm trying to find something that would not be too confusing for the baby and most like breastfeeding. TIA

Is he prepared to wait two or three weeks? If you are prepared to compromise and allow bottles in to the equation maybe he can compromise by waiting a few weeks?

Or could you show him how to spoon or cup feed? Although this would still mean pumping which might give you over supply...

This is quite a nice article (written by a Dad) that you could show him:
https://www.bellybelly.com.au/men/8-ways-new-dads-can-bond-without-a-bottle/

He's willing to wait, just very uneducated about breastfeeding and I'm crunchy. I had to compromise a lot like not cloth diapering, making the baby's foods, etc. and he argues with me about bf in public. He's like insecure about it, like it's bad or perverted which pisses me off to no end! I need to get a good book but Idk what to get. My ex husband was completely on board with bf and supported all of my decisions about the children. This one, is very opinionated even though he's ignorant about the subject.... Idk what to do!
Thank you for the link. I'll definitely have him read it ☺

Also, i already have an oversupply issue to begin with! I used to have to pump off the foremilk because I made so much. Idk it's been 8 years, it may have changed by now...

Pumping due to oversupply actually probably encourages the oversupply to continue, hopefully you won't have that problem again!

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your DH. Can you ask him why he feels it is necessary to feed the breastfed child sometimes? Some people have this preconceived notion that they will be "missing out" on something important, but feeding is only a small part of caring for a child. He can still change diapers, dress and bathe, rock to sleep, burp, play with, cuddle with....feeding is just such a small thing, ask him what the hangup is?

I actually asked DH, when DS was 18 months old, if he felt like he had been left out by our choices to EBF. He looked at me like I was crazy for even asking, and said absolutely not.

Why is he fighting with you so much on the parenting choices? He has already vetoed cloth diapers (save money), making food (save money and potentially healthier), and now BF in public and exclusive feeding from the breast? It doesn't sound like compromise honey it sounds like he is making you give up everything you wanted to do! Frankly, I don't think my DH was keen on the cloth diapering or the BF in public, but he didn't force me to give it up. We did compromise and use disposables part time, but we still did cloth too.

I just posted a thread wanting any info on the Kiinde system. Looks very nice and I will need something when I return to work.

We use the kiinde altho not exclusively. It's nice, I like it altho it can get a little expensive (which is why I don't exclusively use it). We waited 2 weeks for a bottle then give about 1 per day. It works for us but I needed to make sure DS took a bottle because I was going back to work. At 6 months he's never had nipple confusion. He prefers the breast but will take a bottle.

we never used the complete system but did glass bottles in the kiinde bottle warmer.. Which I ABSOLUTELY love!!!!! They are expensive but I think their products are incredible!!!
I too agree that your DH shouldn't make you compromise on things you want, that will only lead to resentment!! I think you should have a serious conversation with him!! I have cloth diapered, bf, and made dd food exclusively with no processed foods the last 14 months!!! I am so thankful that DH has been on board, even if he was very skeptical (and so was my whole family) until we started doing it, then he was so thankful for all the money we've saved!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->