'kik' messenger

shortie1990

Mummy to two under 2 :)
Reaction score
As the latest 'free messenger' app for smartphones, apparently it's a scam, which charges your phone bill, one of my friends posted this yesterday and a few of her friends commented saying since downloading the app they have been charged, some only pence, one person said £150..

Now I'm not sure if this is true, as I find it very hard that apple blackberry and android would publish an app that would allow this, but I thpught I'd share so you could check for yourself and be aware.. As most people have free txt etc nower days do there's not really much use for an app like this, so if you do actually get charged you may as labelled use other forms of messaging!

So not sure if this is true or not this is just what I've heard

one of my friends said it wiped most of her stuff off the phone to so i deleted it x

I haven't got it but every other status on my Facebook is someone else signing upto it and their username! I have heard its scam though...

Ive seen a few others sign up to it. I havent and wont since i use whatsapp or jsut use my free texts.

A few on my facebook have downloaded it too. I won't be anyways as i don't need it. :)

Its a scam, someone posted yesterday that it gives someone access to your phone or computer and wipes your memory or shuts it down completly x

I've seen it posted on fb but had no idea what it was! xx

https://www.hoax-slayer.com/kik-messenger-hacker-hoax.shtml

This is just a rumour.... If anyone has been charged they need to follow it up, but the Kik app is not a virus or a scam

Everyone said liveprofile was a scam when that came out and its fine i wouldnt worry too much!

friends of mine have been charged aswell. i dont kno if i have but i had it on my phone a day and deleated it x

I was going to download it until I read this and now I think I wont bother :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->