Kind of pissed

diva4180

Reaction score
So at my last check up things were fine, I had the a**hole doctor though that I hated, he's never thorough or anything and kind of condescending but whatever, BP was fine so far, urine fine, weight fine, blah blah - but I'm sort pissed because I won't have another ultrasound before the baby is born he said, unless there is something wrong..?

Is this right? I mean, I had an US at 32 weeks to measure baby and check whereabouts he was (head down etc.) the last time I was pregnant so I thought I would have one more before my little boy is born. I'm worried because how could they tell how large he will be? Or if he's breech or not? (unless there's another way of finding that out that I don't know about?) So that makes me more than kind of pissed actually, and nervous.

Is that really it? Should I try to request another one?

Here the standard is one ultrasound per pregnancy at 20 weeks unless another medical need arises.

Ultrasounds aren't accurate at predicting size and most doctors can determin position by feeling the baby.

Ah OK, I'm not sure what the norm is here in my part of Pennsylvania, I was under a different OBGYN practice when I was pregnant the first time - this time I had a 10 week scan, my nuchal scan at 13 weeks and my 20 scan. The first time I was pg I had a 20 week scan and the scan at 32 weeks.

Thanks!

Your kinda lucky because most pregnant women will only have 2 scans one at 12weeks to date it. Then another at 20 weeks. midwifes and docyors will normally be able to trell if something is wrong by BP and urine checks, But I know how you feel. Luckily I had another scan at 34 weeks becasue my placenta was low and that out my mind at rest. but you just have to trust them. They do know what there doing and the signs to look for. gl xx

Also... they will typically do an ultrasound when you go into labor to make sure baby in not breech. THat is required where I live!!!

They did mine right before inducing me and it was done at the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->