Kindle

ames_x

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
My mum has asked me and my siblings to get her an amazon kindle she wants the cheapest just to read books. I was just telling my OH and he said why dont i have one for my birthday too for when i work nights instead of taking books/mags in... great idea i think lol.

I was looking at the kindle touch, if im at home can i surf the net on it at all?

The difference between the £89 and the £109 is one is touch and one is not.

I've got a Kindle Touch and I've had it about 3 weeks. I've read 5 books on it so far and three of them was the Fifty Trilogy!

I love mine and would recommend it to anyone.

I have just got a kindle touch - I let my OH pick it as I don't know much about it and he said that was the best one for me.

Mine is hooked up to wifi at home, I've onlybeen on amazon on it so far. OH says I can use text only websites like wiki, he said maybe Facebook. It's fab - I've used it LOADS more as I can just switch it on and off when the kids need me.

Thanks both!Im holding off buying the 50 shades of grey book just incase i do get one so i can read them on that haha!!

I personally don't like the touch, I like the buttons on the sides and not having to touch the screen to change page.

I love my old kindle with the keyboard and page turners on the side.
You may be able to find one of them online for a low price.
In terms of websites, don't expect smartphone quality. It's black and white due to e-ink so photos are a no no and it's mostly text based sites.

I have a kindle, not the touch one. I liked the idea of the touch but I read it can be a bit sluggish. Not sure how true that is but it put me off xx

I downloaded Me Before You and then I downloaded all of the Fifty Shades and read them all
Battery lasts for about 3 weeks.

I have a kindle 3g and love it! Can go on internet with it too and FB.

I also have the original one with a keyboard and buttons, I LOVE it :)

I just wanted a Kindle to read books, no need for internet etc .....i can do that on my mobile phone..... The basic button one is perfect for me x

Thanks everyone. Will go to Tesco/Asda to have a play with them both then decide. Cheapest my mum found for the first one [non touch] is £73 including postage which is refurbished by Argos with one year warrenty.

I've only got the wifi Kindle Touch not the 3G because you download your books and then you don't really need the 3G. I have an iPhone and a laptop for the internet

I have the keyboard one. Never used it to surf the net. I have an iPad. I even use the iPad to buy books & they are downloaded automatically on my kindle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->