kitchen/living room open plan design help x

Inge

Leo and Jamie
Reaction score
Wev got an open plan council owned property where the kitchen and living room are one room. DS is constantly running into the kitchen and either climbing on the table/chairs and hurting himself or falling over on the lino :dohh: Is there any non permanent ways to make a divider for the room?
Iv seen the playpens that fold out to be a room divider so might buy one of those.
Also any ideas of decor? Its all magnolia right now and im bored of it and would like to do something to it. I like the mocha/latte colours but also like sort of plum purple colours. The purple might be too much in the kitchen but its what id love to have. If anyone has an open plan area and has any tips on design id thank you loads to hear your ideas :thumbup:

How old is your LO? cos I'm guessing soon enough he'll be old enough to know not to climb on the chairs etc so you won't be needing anything too permanent? If so I'd go for something like the play pen like you suggested. If not you can get room divider things from argos, they look a bit like bookcases and you put ornaments, books etc on them

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6108896/Trail/searchtext>ROOM+DIVIDER.htm

As for colours I like the sound of the colours you've suggested, I think the plum would be nice but if you think it would be over kill you could just do it on one wall or maybe have accesories in plum?? My favourite is duck egg which my living room is now, one wall is duck egg the rest are white. I'm planning to paint the others cream and we've got flowery curtains that match. The cushions are a teal and cream. Looks lovely and we've done it on a budget as it's not a priority. Most of my housey stuff comes from tesco, it's very similar to next but alot cheaper. I could actually bang on about houses all night ha ha I think I'd like to be an interior designer!!!!!

LO is 14months old and hes very good at climbing lol The bookcase style divider looks nice but Leo would climb through it :haha: Im thinking of a light purple colour throughout now. OH needs convincing though :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->