Kitten and cat help

Bittersweet

Complete(Boy/Girl)after losses and premature birth
Reaction score
Another cat thread from me sorry :flow:

I have been wanting another cat for ages, I rescued a female housecat in November.
Anyway she has eventually settled into our home, and I would like to introduce another cat, probably a kitten because I think a kitten would mean my current cat would be more accepting.

Anyway looking for some advice around making this a smooth transistion? My friends cat had kittens this morning, and is looking out for a female one for me.
I will have weeks to prep my current cat. I can't keep cat and kitten separated as my cat likes to sleep close to us at night time and she would be more put out. Also I live in a flat, a large one, but it would be hard to keep them separate,

Anyway I can use a towl and rub on the kitten a lot and get my cat to smell it over the next few weeks but not sure what else to make thus the least stressful for both cat and kitten?

Cat has had some contact with cats, an older deaf housecat which she was ok, older cat wasn't, and an outdoor cat cane face to face through glass doors and she was fine then, quite inquisitive, apparently is the same in chattery, up against the fences etc.

You could get one of those plug ins of pheromones to ease anxiety when the week you bring the kitten home. Not sure what else to suggest.

I have one of them already to help settle my cat in to this home as she was peeing in old house works a treat!

My friend recently got two kittens and they had an older cat and they all adjusted to each other fine. I don't think she did anything to prepare for it because it was a very last minute thing as the kittens had been abandoned and she took them in. The older cat basically stayed away from the kittens whilst they were really small, it just kind of got on with stuff.

Aww ok. Everyone do far has told me she should adjust fine with a kitten as she's young herself (3) so hopefully she does

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->