Kitten's Yummy Mummy in March Journal

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
February has been a total washout in terms of healthy eating and weight loss. I did lose a pound or 2 but gained it all back one week so have just gone nowhere, I dread to think what the scales will say tomorrow but tomorrow is the first day of March and things are going to change :thumbup:

I'm ditching the calorie counting until I finish breastfeeding. I'm going to make healthy choices and only eat when I'm hungry (apart from my 3 meals a day). I've got really bad at emotional eating. I'm also going to make sure I get 30mins exercise every day instead of just assuming I've burned some calories by running around after Theakston. I'm also going to get at least 2 strength training sessions in every week.

As well as my weight I want to work on myself in general. I'm quite low at the moment and it's affecting my life majorly. I need to stop dwelling on things I can't change and sort my attitude and approach to life out. I also need to start making more of an effort in preparation for going back to work. I need to start brushing my hair on a morning, putting on a bit of moisturiser etc. I'm not doing myself any favours by 'giving up'.

Tomorrow I will weigh, measure, and take pictures and make a few goals. I WILL turn my life around in March :thumbup:

Good luck! :flower: And good idea to focus on how you look as well as your weight, I feel soooooo much better when I sort my hair out/dye it and make effort when I go out. Corny as it sounds, feeling good on the outside makes you feel better on the inside :thumbup:
P.S. you can get a new weight-loss blinkie too, and if its as cool as your others I might have to steal it... (I was going to say you are my blinkie-idol but it just sounded creepy... :rofl:)

Lmao, blinkie idol :D I don't think I have room for anymore, they'll deactivate my sig again :haha::blush:

Right well, here goes:
Weight: 9st 4lbs
Waist: 30"
Stomach: 34"
Hips: 37"
Chest: 37"
Under chest: 29"
Arms: 10"
Thighs: 19.5"
Neck: 12"

My hideous belly!:

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/miaowcatty/007-13.jpg

I look the same as I did 13weeks pregnant which is ridiculous when you consider I weighed 10lbs more :dohh:

Goals for this month:
- Lose 4lbs
- Get a haircut
- Stop picking at my fingers
- Get re-measured for a bra
(will add more once I'm doing well with these!)

Tactics:
- Drop the snacking/emotional eating
- 30mins cardio a day 5 days a week
- 2-3 sessions of strength training a week
- 8 glasses of water a day

Yesterday was a complete washout. Theakston fed for 3hours last night and added 2 feeds in the day so I ate tonnes more than I should have. Today hasn't been much better, my stomachs just churning constantly. On the plus side all my new clothes arrived and at size 12 they fit and some are even a bit loose, and in one outfit I actually looked rather slim :D

You look FAB in the pic, were you a lot smaller before being pregnant? (you cant have that much to lose!) Snacking doesnt have to be bad, eat fruit! On saying that, I used to eat a whole container of grapes in a day, thats quite a few calories... :blush:

I don't think I was a lot smaller..., I weighed a stone more but my tummy looked smaller. This is me at 10 weeks pregnant:

https://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2302/79/34/284300026/n284300026_535746_880.jpg

I think it's just a case of weight re-distribution and the mummy tummy! To me I look massive now but it's probably the smallest I've ever been.

I ate like a horse today, I'm so disgusted in myself, but on the plus side I didn't do any emotional eating, it was purely through hunger, and I starved myself out as long as I could! And when I was in Morissons instead of buying biscuits or chocolate bars I bought a punnet of strawerries ;) I also did an hour on my workout dvd and about 30mins or so walking to and from the shops & library & round the shops with Theakston strapped on. He woke up twice in the night for feeds which is a new one so I expect that's where the new hunger is coming from. How much longer can I blame breastfeeding for my greed? Hehe.

I don't think I was a lot smaller..., I weighed a stone more but my tummy looked smaller. This is me at 10 weeks pregnant:

https://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2302/79/34/284300026/n284300026_535746_880.jpg

I think it's just a case of weight re-distribution and the mummy tummy! To me I look massive now but it's probably the smallest I've ever been.

I ate like a horse today, I'm so disgusted in myself, but on the plus side I didn't do any emotional eating, it was purely through hunger, and I starved myself out as long as I could! And when I was in Morissons instead of buying biscuits or chocolate bars I bought a punnet of strawerries ;) I also did an hour on my workout dvd and about 30mins or so walking to and from the shops & library & round the shops with Theakston strapped on. He woke up twice in the night for feeds which is a new one so I expect that's where the new hunger is coming from. How much longer can I blame breastfeeding for my greed? Hehe.

Well the first week was a total washout. Well, not total, but near enough!! With Theakstons growth spurt or whatever it was, and me getting a nasty cold, all I've done is stuff my face. I did get some exercise in and I've tried to get out and about walking with him just to get something done but the strength training went completely out of the window. Got a fairly hectic week this week but with that comes more outings while wearing Theakston so it should balance out with not having chance for strength training. Being busy and out of the house should help with the snacking too as I won't have chance/time to eat. I've been better at not impulse buying snacks and things too while out and about so proud of that. Expecting a gain when I weigh in the morning but not going to beat myself up too much.

Well, this week has been more of the same, although I'm doing better on resisting chocolate. I'm not eating for the sake of it still so that's an improvement, but I am hungry a lot of the time and have been quite busy this week so not been able to fit any home exercise in.

Would have commented sooner but hardly any time free this week (my mum and gran visiting, couldnt even have a pee without them talking to me :dohh:). Sounds like you are doing well though, cutting out on snacking is a great start, dont worry about exercise if you have little time for it, at least you are eating better! Ive just moved to a new flat which is at the bottom of a SODDING ENORMOUS hill, and count it as exercise making up to the top pushing the pushchair :rofl:
:flower:

Hehe any walking counts!!

Right, I've been gaining tiny amounts for a few weeks and they've finally added up to 1lb so I need to get cracking again. I could live with maintaining but I'm determined not to gain it all back again. Today I have been a right piggie, eating up all the bad food in the house so don't be too horrified, lol.

Weight: 9st 5lbs

Monday
B: Scone with black cherry jam
L: Tagliatelle with chilli pesto
T: Plum tomatoes on toast
S: Small tube of mini eggs, Dime bar cookie, 4 white Lindor balls, chocolate cupcake, 4 coconut mushrooms
D: 4pts cordial, bottle of flavoured water, echinacea tea, cup of tea

E: Walking round town wearing Theakston for about an hour or so

Tuesday
B: Yoghurt & 1 crumpet with light spread & vegemite
L: Jacket potato with light spread
T: Plum tomatoes on toast
S: Raisins, cereal bar, Dime cookie, treatsize milkyway stars, treatsize mars bar, bag of snack-a-jacks, rice cake with cashew butter
D: Echi tea, tea, 4pts cordial, Skinny Cow hot chocolate

E: None, well, 50 ab crunches

Wednesday
B: Yoghurt
L: Pasta bake
T: Doughballs & soup
S: Multipack bag of crisps (they're smaller don't you know!), treatsize milky way stars, strawberries, raisins, dime cookie
D: Echi tea, tea, 3-4pints cordial, bottle of Guinness ;)

E: 20-30min walk with Theak, 30mins muscle & yoga on Wii Fit Plus

Thursday
B: Yoghurt
L: Veggie burgers & homemade chips
T: Doughballs & soup
S: Dime bar cookie, strawberries, cereal bar, treatsize Mars bar, raisins
D: Echi tea, tea, cordial

E: None

Friday
B: 2 crumpets with black cherry jam
L: Quorn chilli & brown rice
T: Salad & mini Indian snacks
S: Dime bar cookie, cereal bar, bag of mini eggs (for charity!!), 7 posh chocolates
D: 2x tea, echi tea, cordial

E: 45mins walking with grump, 30mins in pool with him

Saturday
B: Hot cross bun with low fat spread
L: Soup & bread
T: Low fat garlic bread, small amount of tagliatelle
S: 1 1/2 Gingerbread men, white chocolate fondue with strawberries and half an Easter biscuit, lemon drizzle cake, treatsize milky way stars, M&Ms
D: G&T, Limoncello, cordial, 2x tea, cordial, fruit juice

E: 30mins walking with Theakston attached

Sunday
B: 2 croissants with black cherry jam
T: Quorn peppered steak & roast veg
S: Lemon drizzle cake, treatsize milky way stars, Tiffin
D: Fruit juice, 2x tea, cordial

E: 1hr 45min walking with Theakston strapped on, 100 ab crunches, other strength training stuff

Summary: Shoddy willpower, seriously, the snacking got stupidly out of hand after Theakston had some mammoth comfort feeding sessions. He's building up for the growth spurt I think so I just get hungry & OH was working nights so I was just grabbing food left, right and centre to get me through. However, I did get more exercise than I expected in. I suspect I'll have gained about a pound this week. Disappointing, but I deserve it!

Weight: 9st 3lbs (-2lbs)

Monday
B: Hot cross bun with light spread
L: Soup with croutons
T: Artichoke & red onion paella
S: Easter biscuit, kitkat hollow rabbit, cereal bar, pistachios, cereal
D: Echi tea, tea, cordial

E: 30-60mins walking with Theakston

Tuesday
L: Doughballs & veg pizza
T: Soup & croutons
S: Easter biscuit, pistachios, few raisins, treatsize milky way stars
D: Echi tea, tea, cordial, hot chocolate

Wednesday
B: Cinnamon whirl
L: Jacket potato with light spread
T: Salad & mini Indian snacks
S: Chocolate muffin, Easter biscuit
D: Tea, echi tea, cordial

Thursday
L: Slice of veg pizza
T: Veggie burger & homemade chips
S: Pick n Mix, 2 pieces of fudge, chocolate muffin, treatsize Mars
D: Ice tea, cordial, tea, echi tea

E: 3 1/2 hours walking with T

Friday
L:
T: Pasta bake
S: 2 pieces fudge, mini cookie
D: Echi tea

E: 50 crunches

Saturday
B: Croissants with jam
T: Homemade veggie pizza
S:
D:

E:

Sunday
T: Mexican bean burger & homemade potato wedges
S:
D:

E:

:wave: Hellooo! Was wondering how the healthy eating was going! Really impressed with how you have managed to remember everything you have snacked on, and drunk too. Losing 2lb is good! Ive only just realised what the letters mean before the food written down, for some daft reason I thought you were eating Breakfast,lunch,Tea,Supper and Dinner :shock: That would have been a hell of a lot of meals :haha: How many glasses of water do you drink a day? Dont worry about the exercise, Im impressed you can carry your LO around for that long, Logan is a bit younger than Theakston and he probably weighs a lot less and it was hard work taking him to the Drs a 15 mins walk away :dohh: What sort of carrier do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->