Knitting! & a breakthrough!

kintenda

Reaction score
So, the MIL has just taught me to knit & I am doing quite well! Hurrah! I feel that I'll secretly be able to knit realms of lovely non-gender specified coloured masses of wool in manner of creating blankets now ;)

Feel good coz I had a proper chat with the OH today, we chatted about his work & stuff that is worrying him, & we've agreed that we are still going to try in January unless anything changes with work etc. We have agreed to review the situation in July because then the work situation will be clearer & I will be starting to apply for nursing training in September so I will know which year to apply for!

I feel better because I told him about how I felt - how there just seems to be pregnant ladies, babies, children etc everywhere that I go & how I felt we were stuck in a bit of a no mans land because of his work situation.

:happydance::happydance::cloud9::cloud9::happydance::happydance:

Love my lovely 6ft 5in giant OH :)

Awww, that's good that you had a talk and let him know how you feel :) It's nice to know you're on the same track as your OH. :)

Still think we should all start a knitting group at some point!! I'm stillllllll making booties ^_^

xxx

Ooh, I haven't got that far yet! I'm on square/rectangular things :p I will have to find out how to do that! Knitting group sounds fab, am up for tips any time :p x

I've just started to learn to knit too, so far I've been making a very wonky scarf lol. Glad you've got a date sorted xx

It's actually much easier than my previous attempts, think I've got the rhythm going now :) & you know you can never have too many scarves!

haha the problem is its not a very big scarf, it might be ok for one of my LO's teddys! i would love to be able to knit something useful tho, hopefully il learn properly in time for #2! :) xx

I'm making a blanket in squares atm aswell. My first square is pink though, so....hmm, if a boy.....

This is the pattern I use for booties: https://www.ehow.com/how_2063834_knit-booties.html

I've got a book waiting at the library about 'easy knits for babies' which I'm hopefully going to pass on some pattern ideas from. :)

xxx

I'm making a blanket in squares atm aswell. My first square is pink though, so....hmm, if a boy.....

This is the pattern I use for booties: https://www.ehow.com/how_2063834_knit-booties.html

I've got a book waiting at the library about 'easy knits for babies' which I'm hopefully going to pass on some pattern ideas from. :)

xxx

You are so talented hun!!
You can make fantastic jewellery and knit too!
Wish i could knit might keep me occupied! lol
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"