knock knock ...

lou1979

Mummy to 3 beautiful boys
Reaction score
can we come in?

due Nov 4th, baby Bryce made his spectacular entrance on the 30th Sept via emergency c section due to full placental previa.

5 weeks early and weighing 5 lb 6 oz hes amazing, hes was in HDU/SCBU for 3 days and was on cpap for 48 hours to help him regulate his breathing, he came off all of the drips monitors and whatnot yesterday and is now in an open cot/crib and the only tube he has is an NG tube as hes still quite sleepy and only wakes for bottle feeds every 6 hours, so in between they top him up with a tube feed.

The day i left the hospital without him ripped my heart out and i cannot wait to have him here with me/us , hes a little jaundiced but under the level for treament.

heres a pic of him only minutes after birth

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/SassyRS/30092009780.jpg

day 3

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/SassyRS/Image112.jpg

day 4

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/SassyRS/Image127.jpg

im so proud to be his mummy..

Welcome to another "November Sparkler" :D Glad to hear Bryce is doing okay :kiss:

What a little stunner he'll brake some hearts he will. Loads of love and hope ur home really soon xxx

Thankyou ladies xx

Hows Andrew getting on huni?

Congratulations to you! He is gorgeous...and doing so well...what a cutie...welcome to the world of premmie mums! x

Thankyou ladies xx

Hows Andrew getting on huni?
He's doing fantastic for being such a littley - 6.5 weeks old now (-4.5 corrected) and pudging out like a little baby! He's got his own thread, plus he's made a BnB friend as Amelia (Millie) is in the next room!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the birth of your wee stunner, Bryce!

Can't wait to see more picts of him xx

He's gorgeous! Congratulations, and welcome to the forum. Can't wait for more updates. Hope he's home very soon xxx

Im having such a bad day today, i have aweful headache and i cant stop crying, I cant get to see him as im not supposed to be driving so soon after the section, i have 2 boys who are at school, im relying on mums to get them there and back and OH is working his arse off to make sure we keep our house.

Im having a low day and feel guilty for not being there today, i feel useless.

i know hes ok, and i know hes in the right place but i just want him here with me!

ive never felt such emotions in my life before, how do you ladies cope?

first of all, he is gorgeous! well done you.

secondly you have just been through an incredibly traumatic experience (as well as a very happy one), a big operation and you are trying to cope with everything as best as you can so well done you again!

i really feel for you (having been through similar in July with Rose) not getting to the hospital to visit, it must be so difficult for you. just hang in there and enjoy every minute when you can get someone to give you a lift to see him. he sounds like he is doing great so hopefully it wont be for long at all.
:hugs:

Hello, don't feel bad for not being there, he is a good safe place and is being taken care of. I am sure the nurses are giving him cuddles and affection in your abscence. I caught a cold whilst Emily was in intensive care so had to keep away from her for 3 days, it was hard but it was the right decision.
It is vital that you recover well from your section and ensure you are in good health because as you know having two boys, when Bryce comes home you will need all your energy to care for him. Make sure you rest, phone the unit if you want to know how he is, if you phone every hour they don't mind, they understand it is difficult, especially when you already have a family to look after.
Don't feel bad about the other mums helping out, in times like this, people want do whatever they can to help no matter how small, so I am sure they are not thinking the same thing as you.

You are not useless, this is a very difficult time for you and your family. Plus you will the baby blues which when you are experiencing prematurity is ten times worse. Crying is good and helps vent so much frustration.
I know it does not seem like it at the moment, but Bryce will be home before you know it, he is doing so well, he is breathing on his, is not being monitored. All you will need to do is crack the feeding part and then he will be out...that is why you need to recover and get stronger...we are all here for you on this forum...big hugs x

welcome and congrats on baby Bryce (my maiden name hehe) hes gorgeous LOVE LOVE LOVE that hair in the last pic. He's doing really well and will be home in no time at all, those first few nights leaving him at hospital are really hard but its temporary and you know we are all here if you need us :hugs: x

Bryce is gorgeous, congratulations! x

:hugs: There's no easy way to cope with having to leave him hun but try not to get down about it - you're doing the very best you can and he's in very good hands.

The days spent at the hospital are so draining and at night we would get home, force some tea down and go to bed and that was about it. I always worry about how we'd cope if we had a second baby that needed to stay in SCBU as you have no choice but to split your time between your baby and your children at home.

Hopefully he'll be home very soon. :hugs:

Guess what ladies!!!

hes coming home today:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:cloud9:

Not fair :( He was due the day after Andrew, and we can't take him home yet :(

But

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Aww hes gorgeous. Glad everything is going well after his early arrival

wow so soon :happydance: aww congratulations, how was your first night home? x

Fantastic news...I knew it wouldn't be long...enjoy your homecoming...now the real work begins...LOL! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->