Knocked Up Naughties

hey ladies.

i cant believe its 10 days until my official due date!

flowertot could he be a bit colicy, might be worth trying some infacol.
callum was like that around 10 days old and we started on the infacol and it made a big difference.

glad all is going well pip

well i just got up and had a lovely relaxing bath with callum in his bouncer next to me, then when the water cooled enough i stripped him off and brought him in with me, he loves it. mum and i are going to take him swimming next week.

im thinking of starting to introduce an earlier bed time routine for callum, but not sure if i should wait a few more weeks.
at the mo he stays downstaires with me, then at 11 i start getting ready for bed (make bottle up, put dogs to bed etc) then i take him up and give him his last bottle upstairs with night light on, change him and put to bed, and im done for midnight, and he is sleeping til around 4.

im wondering if i should now start trying bath, bottle ,story bed at around 8. s i can have a bit of time alone before bed, and in the hope he will sleep longer.
whats your bed time routines girls??

Beth - our bedtime routine at the moment is last feed at about 9.30pm, chill out time with us until she crashes around 10-10.30pm then take her upstairs to her cot where she will sleep until about 8am. She is gradually getting earlier and earlier with going to sleep, a few weeks ago it used to be 11-11.30 and before that 12-1. Not going to try and get her to bed any earlier unless she crashes as I like the extra hours in the morning :rofl:

Mum2be - so glad the scan went well :)

Samzi - I can't believe you're nearly at your due date :)

Well Zara has been good recently - a bit of a bad night last night as she woke up at 5.30am but it was her first night in the cot bed and she fell asleep in it at 10pm but I think she was a bit cold when she woke this morning so might have to put a cardigan on her tonight. After 5.30am feed she then fell asleep again in the pram downstairs (which I promptly moved back upstairs into nursery near her monitor and went back to bed :rofl: ) She finally woke up at 11.30am :rofl:

I'm starting to suspect she is starting teething as the hand is permanently in the mouth at the moment and we are drooling for Britain :wacko: - gave her some Calpol last night as she wouldn't settle and she was asleep within 30 seconds - I think the taste of it shocked her so much she forgot she was supposed to be having a screaming rage and fell asleep :rofl:

oooh our jumperoo arrives on Monday aswell and I can't wait to try her in it - I just know she will love it :happydance:

i thought Leo had colic but nothing seems to help. he's always groaning like he's in pain and cries so much more than dd did when she was a baby. just got to wait it out i suppose. i'm going to start giving him a bottle before bed and maybe a dummy and see how it goes.

sounds like you have a great sleeper there Blondie, Zara sounds fab.

Beth - its always good to try to establish a good routine as early as possible i think. it would probably be harder to do if you leave it until he's older. i'm going to start taking Leo upstairs half an hour earlier each week for the next few weeks so that by the time he's three months old he's in bed by 7:30/8pm (thats the plan anyway, don't know if it will work). i need to buy a monitor first though.

callum is having an off day today. i cant do anything but sit here and cuddle him cos he cries if i put him down.

he has a day like this every once in a while. i missed the gripe water out of a few bottles over night so wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Hey everyone. Sorry, I haven't had time to read everyone's updates but just wanted to say Hey.
Trust everyone is doing OK...

Things are trucking along for me. On to fortnightly midwife appointments (already!) now, and because of section have only 8 or 9 weeks to go!!!

Has anyone given any more thought to starting a thread in Groups, or Baby Club or something? Maybe in Groups would be most appropriate? That way maybe even some of our TTC friends would come back? :shrug:

Glad all is going well freyasmum

well i dont know if its cos he had an off day yest and was just really tired but callum slept through all night til 8.30 :happydance:

we then went for the 6 week check and all is well.

there is a general chat section that we can start a thread in, any ideas of a name and i ll be happy to start it off.

blondie, have you and OH started ttc yet as planned, if so keep us updated.
i ve decieded to bring forward my ttc date from jan 11 to sept 10, as if im lucky enough to fall on reasonably quickly that would mean id be due around christmas again and we have too many birthdays in dec already.

:wohoo: for everything going well :D

What about continuing the team naughties title, something like team naughties growing up.... (ok, that is naff but u know what I mean :D)

Beth My routine goes something like

6.30-7.30 Daddy and Orry chill out time
7.30-8.00 Top to Tail or Bath
8-8.30 (up to 9.30) Feed

this is when i move him into his cot, Normaly while he's still got his eyes open then put the mobile on for 5-10 min check on him and he's away! But this does change on a weekly bases as it's really down to him if he needs more feeds etc HTH

Can't beleive he'ssleeping through :happydance:

Hope your all well sorry i can't really give personal updates but my head is boggled!

Well Orry has been a little star the past few days we seem to be a lot more content and he's now moved from the moses basket to the cot but we still have him down with us until we go up stairs (on his last feed) and then he goes in his big cot in our room, and he loves it I really did think it would take him longer to get use to the space but if anything he's a lot more happier in there.

My next step is to take him upstairs and into his cot in our room so he sleeps there from 9pm upwards, is all the naughty babies in there own rooms now or am i being to over the top and keeping him in with us still?

His Jumperoo and rainforest mobile came the other day i'm not sure who was more excited me or orry but he loves it, he get a littl frustrated with the jumperoo sometimes as he can't reach all the button but he's geting there!

I'm with beth i really want to start again in august so not to catch the festive period again as i've got Orry's and DH around the same time.

Well i'm off for my sleep providing orry doesn't wake up in the next few min

Lots of love to all you girls and fingers crossed our next 2 naughties arrive in the next week or so

xx

:happydance::happydance: he slept through again, thought the other night was a one off but hopefully he is gonna start sleeping through most nights.

he has slept for longer since going in to his cot, i think he prefers the space too.
im still in with him tori, i plan to stay with him til he is 6 months as thats the reccommended age.

glad everyone is getting a good nights sleep, apart from me that is :doh: have even tried giving a bottle at night but he still wakes up an hour later.

we plan to have Leo in with us for as long as possible or until he's too big for the moses basket. can't really fit the cot in our room so if it comes to it i will have to get a blow up bed and sleep on the floor in the nursery. he's getting so big already i really don't think the basket will last him that long.

like the idea of a new thread, can't think of a good name though.

How about "Naughty as we wanna be" or "Naughty by Nature"?
I think the point is that this is no longer strictly a pregnancy buddy thread, so we should be posting somewhere more appropriate. I'd lean towards plonking us in 'Groups' so that no one is out of place, if you get what I mean.
:shrug: Just my thoughts though...

So how are all our expecting ladies doing today, you are all very quiet!

im not feeling quite 'right' today, dunno what it is. i keep feeling really tired

Hi ladies :)

Well we are currently having teething hell - go a very unhappy baby at the moment and the only thing that seems to work is Calpol. Was up at 4.30am this morning for about the first time in weeks. She has been grouchy for about a week now and I'm starting to go insane, can't put her down, won't sleep, constantly chewing her hands and drooling. Not a happy bunny at all :cry: Have just ordered an amber necklace to see if they work as well as everyone says they do! Something has got to work!! I can feel a hard bump under her bottom gum so I think I'm definitely right in the teething diagnosis.

Beth - I have just finished my second :witch: since giving birth so I'm now on day 9 of my cycle so it's time to start priming the pumps :sex: in preparation for ovulation. We are just going to see if we get lucky this month and if not I'll start temping and using ovulation tests next month. The hope is that I'll fall pregnant this month so baby will be due around the end of October which will tie in very nicely with my maternity leave finishing for Zara :rofl: - Now my little sister is pregnant and expecting in August I'm desperate to get pregnant again as I'm jealous she is :rofl: Please don't mention anything on facebook though as if I do get pregnant I won't be telling any family until the 12 week scan.

I must be insane :rofl:

Let me know when the new group is up and running :)

im not feeling quite 'right' today, dunno what it is. i keep feeling really tired

hun thats just the last few weeks of the pregancy, i couldn't get enough of cleaning and sleeping at your stage, i just felt out of it all the time! Not long yet hun

Oh blondie fingers crossed all works well, if it does me and beth will just be going back onto the ttcing game when your in the last leg of your pregancy!

Good luck with zara, orry is eating his hand and drooling but i think this is just him just finding out he's got hands for the first time or just wants feeding, I'm not looking forward to the teething part again so we'll be keeping this away for as long as possible (this will be succeded by praying to god lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->