Know gender at first scan

mcwhmm

Reaction score
I was just on Pintrest and found a very interesting article and I googled it and found several more articles about this study and also other links to other blogs with ladies saying that this method was correct when they looked back at their old ultrasound pictures. Anyways, according to this study, you can tell as early as 6 weeks the gender of your baby based on the location of the placenta. Boys=right, girls=left. This blows my mind! Although I wouldn't take it TOO seriously, but it would be fun just to look at first scan and then confirm at gender screening or birth to see how accurate it is!

Boo:( lol did you actually try it?

I never bothered to see where my placenta was with my other babies, but I asked with this one. Right smack dab in the middle posterior. It's a girl this time. I know I saw a similar thread to this a few weeks ago. There were mixed results. I've also heard something about the size/shape of the forehead, and the "nub" theory. It's fun to speculate though!

Lol. Yes. It all sounded convincing so gave it a go. The baby before that also implanted in the middle. Doesn't matter... still all fun!
I do like the nub theory though. ..

It was right for both my boys, its called the Ramzi Theory! Both of them implanted on the right, this baby is on the left, so I'm starting to believe this is a girl!

Looked back at my 6 week scan and baby left of the yolk sac

Iirc, it's impossible to tell by just looking at scan pictures. You have to ask the sonographer what side baby is on. If you google "Ramzi theory," you can find a lot of information on it.

Yeah, it said on multiple sites that I looked at that a lot of people misinterpret this because they don't actually ask what side it is on and if you had an abdominal ultrasound then you would have to flip the results because it would be backwards. It is fun to speculate though! It didn't say anything about implanting in the middle, but obviously you can't speculate then! Lol

What is the nub theory?

If this was true my twins would be boy girl, but they are certainly boy boy :lol:

My baby is a girl hers is bang in the centre at the back Harry my little boys was in exactly the same place too

The skull theory is very effective and the nub theory which was spot on for both of mine Harry's nub on 13 week scan was pointed up very obvious this ones was parellel to the spine very flat she's a girl right every time :)

Emma

I posted my 12 week scan pic here at the time and going by the skull & nub theory almost everyone guessed girl. They were correct!

With my first from the skull theory I guessed girl and was right. I have my scan next week for this baby and so will definitely be looking at the skull again to have a guess. I don't want to find out the sex anyway but it's fun to try and guess.

Can someone explain this skull and nub theory?

It's very important that you ask your sonographer the location of the placenta. Most of us are not experienced enough to tell by looking at a picture alone. This theory has a very high success rate, and I would bet that most of the incorrect guesses were from an incorrect assumption of the location.

But then, on the flip side, since this isn't full-proof (100%), there are *always* going to be people it was wrong for. It doesn't mean the theory doesn't work- just that these people are the exception.

I had a private scan done last week at 8+3 and I asked my sonographer the location. We then discussed Ramzi and he told me that I have a 9 out of 10 chance of this baby being a boy (since the placenta is on the right- I asked for this information, fwiw). He then proceeded to tell me to not go out and buy blue just yet because there always has to be that small subsection that it is wrong for, since it isn't 100% correct.

Yeah that's what the article that I had read said to, actually multiple articles said that you aren't supposed to locate the placenta by yourself and are supposed to ask because it can be very easy to assume something is what it is not when we aren't trained to tell the difference. There is also the fact that if it is a abdominal ultrasound, you are to switch it around so the left is the right and so on. It said that it is 97% chance of being right.. But it is just what it is called, a theory. It does in fact have a chance of being wrong but like so many ladies say.. It is fun to speculate:) heck, there are even gender scans done at 20 weeks and on that are wrong!

If this is true then I am having a boy... So that would be really great if it is true!

Only if the tech or your dr tells you what side it's on as it's nearly impossible to tell from a picture due to angles, location of cervix etc. it actually is quite accurate IF analyzed correctly.. Usually it's not.

That being said, we found out at our NT scan at just 13w2d that he was clearly a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->