"Know Your Baby" Quiz - What Personality Does Your LO Have?

Jemima

Mother of One
Reaction score
Just for fun and following on from LeannieB's thread from earlier, which category does your baby fall into?

Click on this link to complete the quiz and it will give you one of the following descriptions:

Angel, Textbook, Touchy, Spirited, Grumpy

Angel: The kind of baby every pregnant woman dreams of: good as gold. Mellow, eternally smiling, and consistently undemanding. Cues are easy to read. Not bothered by new surroundings and is extremely portable. Feeds, plays, and sleeps easily, and usually doesn’t cry when wakes up. You’ll find Angel babies babbling in their crib most mornings, talking to a stuffed animal or being amused by a stripe on the wall. Will often calm itself down and is easily snuggled if overtired. Will put self to sleep.

Textbook: Predictable baby, and fairly easy to handle. Does everything on cue, so there are few surprises. Baby reaches all the milestones right on schedule - sleeps through the night by three months, rolls over by five, sits up by six. Has growth spurts like clockwork - periods where appetite suddenly increases due to extra weight or developmental leap. Can play on its own for short periods at just a week old, coos and looks around a lot. Smiles when smiled at. Has normal cranky periods, but is easy to calm and not hard to put to sleep.

Touchy: The ultrasensitive baby (a ’sensie’ as Dr. Dorian might say on Scrubs) whose world is full of sensory challenges. Flinches at the sound of a motorcycle outside, the TV, dog barking, etc. Blinks and turns head away from bright light. Sometimes cries for no apparent reason, even at mom. Gets fussy after a number of people have held him/her, or after an outing. Will play on own for a few minutes, but needs reassurance someone like mom or dad is close by. Nurses erratically. Has difficulty falling asleep. Easily gets off schedule because their systems are so fragile. Swaddling is important.

Spirited: This baby emerges from womb knowing what he/she likes and doesn’t like, and won’t hesitate to let you know it. Very vocal and even aggressive sometimes. Screams for mom and dad when gets up in the morning, hates laying in own pee or poop and announces this by boisterously vocalizing his/her discomfort. Babbles a lot, and loudly. Body language tends to be a bit jerky. Often needs swaddling to get to sleep because flailing arms and legs keep baby up and overstimulated. If he/she starts crying and the cycle is not interrupted, baby will reach a fever pitch of rage.

Grumpy: “I have a theory that grumpy babies have been here before - they’re old souls… and they’re not all that happy to be back.” This baby is mad at the world and lets you know it. Grumpy babies whimper every morning, don’t smile much during the day, and fuss their way to sleep every night. Hates baths at first, as well as changing time. Feeding is difficult because of fidgity, cranky disposition. To calm a grumpy baby, it usually takes a patient mom or dad, because these babies get very angry and their cries are particularly loud and long.

Thanks for the link Jemima. What did Poppy come under? Our Poppy came out as 'Textbook Baby,' not sure if that's good or not! Although she's not doing everything 'right on schedule' by any means. Sleeping through?! In our dreams ;)

Our Poppy is "spirited", in other words a bit difficult but a real little individual! Quite interesting though isn't it? x

Lola is apparently:

Angel: The kind of baby every pregnant woman dreams of: good as gold. Mellow, eternally smiling, and consistently undemanding. Cues are easy to read. Not bothered by new surroundings and is extremely portable. Feeds, plays, and sleeps easily, and usually doesn’t cry when wakes up. You’ll find Angel babies babbling in their crib most mornings, talking to a stuffed animal or being amused by a stripe on the wall. Will often calm itself down and is easily snuggled if overtired. Will put self to sleep.

Oh I wouldn't be so quick to call her that :lol:
There is truth in it but not everything, she's undemending but not all that easy...

Lola is apparently:

Oh I wouldn't be so quick to call her that :lol:
There is truth in it but not everything, she's undemending but not all that easy...

She looks like and "Angel"!

I got the textbook baby

Jack is text book, but certainly doesn't sound like him ! Not sleeping through from 3 months lol! Still not doing it at 9 !

Ha, lots of "textbooks" with mums who don't agree!

Angel baby....hmmm....how long it will last though i wonder!

Jasper is a textbook baby... I'm not sure if I like that... at least he is fairly predictable!

The Angel Baby
As you might expect, your baby is the kind of baby every first-time pregnant woman imagines herself to have: good as gold. Your baby is mellow, eternally smiling and consistently undemanding. Her cues are easy to read. She's not bothered by new surroundings, and she is extremely portable. She feeds, plays and sleeps easily and usually doesn't cry when she wakes up. An angel baby can often calm herself down, but if she gets a little overtired, perhaps because her cues were misread, all you have to do is snuggle her and tell her, "I can see that you're overtired." Then turn on a lullaby, make the room nice and dim and quiet, and she will put herself to sleep.

I do admit I am very lucky, she will wake up and amuse herself before a feed, feeding is easy now we have the hang of it, she loves getting changed and adores bath time. Being overtired is the thing that makes her cry really. It makes it hard though if she is ill or crying though, because it's out of character and I do stress a lot when it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->