Knowing when to test?

TheNewMrs

Reaction score
It's clueless me again! I guess the title says it all really... Whats the earliest you guys would/can/do test at!!?

Thankies!

It's best to wait until a day after your missed period if you can since HPTs are expensive! :) But I've tested as early as 9DPO before. Implantation generally happens 7-10 days after ovulation and then it takes about 2-3 days for enough hcg to build up in your system for a super sensitive HPT to detect it so you could test as early as 9DPO with a sensitive one like FRER. If you're using ICs, I'd wait until after your missed period though.

You are just a wealth of knowledge arnt you.! Thank you again!

I usually try to make myself wait until after a missed period, however I can get a bit crazy from the wait and that sometimes doesn't work out that well haha. It's hard for me to figure out when to test sometimes because my periods can be sort of wacky and don't seem to follow a set number of days from month to month, one cycle will be 30, the next will be 40. It's a headache that's for sure. If you are regular though I'd recommend waiting until after a missed period or just before you expect one at the very least. With my daughter I tested positive a couple days before my period was due so it can happen, that was with a first response test. If testing early get a sensitive one like gardenofedens said.

I'm not even sure when my next period is due :wacko: I think i'm ovulating now ish. I've got what I think is EWCM, although I don't often get it, so it's difficult to tell! I think i'll probably be testing early-mid July if I don't get AF sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->