KY Jelly!!

lovepurple90

Reaction score
Me & my partner are ntnp, so we dont want to use preseed/conceive plus. We sometimes use ky jelly but im wondering how bad it is for sperm and whether im actually killing off all the sperm? Any info on ky jelly would be great! Thanks ladies :)

I believe it's not too good. Conceive plus is a good sperm friendly lube but it's a bit pricey. I wouldn't say it's too much on the side of 'trying', any more than using sperm unfriendly lube is on the side of 'preventing' but then I don't really get the whole ntnp thing anyway!

If you are trying to prevent then ky is fine it kills spermies the only sperm friendy lube are concieve plus and pre seed

Ky is not good if you're trying to conceive. Preseed, conceive plus, and any lube sold by Pure Romance is sperm friendly (even the warming and flavored ones!)

Ky stops sperm from moving forward. The only lubricant that has been studied and ok'd is preseed.

I honestly don't think it's an issue. I read an article about a study done with couples who used KY and other regular lubes vs those who used none and just as many couples in both groups conceived over the course of a year.

Personally, I conceived using KY Liquid four days BEFORE ovulation, so my opinion is that it's fine.

Also, the studies that claim that it damages sperm or prohibits their movements are basing that off of mixing sperm and lube in a test tube. When applied in real life scenarios I believe the effects are much less significant.

I have conceived twice (both first month trying) using KY.

It doesn't contain a spermicide (and therefore does NOT kill sperm) but it MAY prevent sperm from moving as they should.

https://www.k-y.com/k-y-jelly-water-based-lubricant

So if you have known sperm issues then it's not a good idea, but otherwise it's probably not going to make a difference either way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->