Labelling on Jars?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Bit of a random question but i picked some jars up from Morrisons last night and noticed that some of the stage 1 jars say from 4 months and some say from 6 months?

All the jars were the Hipp organic ones? Is there any difference in them does anyone know or were they just produced at different times when the 6 month/4 month weaning gudelines were out?

:confused:

They may contain some gluten or wheat hence the older age but are still in a smooth puree form! x

One that was 6 months was apple and banana crumble or something like that

I thought stage 1 was just stage 1 ... not stage 1, 4 months and stage 1, 6 months :confused:

Yeah I noticed that with Hipp organic too-just to confuse us! I just stuck to the ones that said 4 months to start with, not sure what the difference was but think it prob is to do with wheat/gluten etc

maybe it's because it's a combination jar??

i think they're changing the labeling to 6 months now, i'm sure te HV told me that. but it could be cos of the crumble, cos it'll have butter, sugar and flour in, so not really ideal for a 4month old?

I've noticed this too...the only thing I can see is its gluten content. So the crumble could contain gluten??

its cos the contain gluten hun, some of the meat ones say this too i was looking at labels and was wondering the same.

Lou
xxx

I only actually noticed this the other day too and i think i may have given Tye some 6months+ jars by mistake when he was under 6months because i actually just assumed all the small stage1 jars were from 4months. Ooops. Its rather confusing though! :dohh:

hi hun, i only just noticed this the other day myself! some of the cow and gate ones are the same too. Its what everyone else says because the ones that are stage 1 but from 6 months contain gluten.But the ones stage 1 from 4 months dont. Eeek its so confusing lol. Im double checking them now myself! as i dont want lewis having gluten just yet as i have allergies

Jen xxx

I think some companies put from 6+ to protect themselves now, as we are told to not wean before 6 months..others put from 4 months still though.

I wouldn't really worry too much about it?

keely.

Companies put 4 months plus on the jars because of when the government changed the guidelines from 2 months to 4 months they implemented a law saying that they could only advertise it from 4 months but when they changed it from 4 months to 6 months they didnt bother making a new law. Hence why companies still advertise from 4 months when the guideline is 6 months. They do it because they can basically. Not completely relevant to the OP........

:rofl: Sam

You do notice they all say "4 months +** - ** weaninin si not recommended until 6 months blah blah"

I did at first think combination jars too but here they are labelled either 123 or "from all ages"

but the gluten thing must be it!! i havent let her have it just yet i think im going to save it until she is closer to 6 months

Oh great just read this coz ive just brought a load of Hipp Organic stage 1 and persumed they were all from 4 months.I havent yet given my LO any but im now going to check:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->