Labetalol

Flower15

Mum and Pregnant
Reaction score
Hiya,

After unsuccessfully trying to breastfeed DD, I am really keen to manage to breastfeed baby number 2. Unfortunately I've been diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension and placed on labetalol 200mg twice a day. I was on this with my daughter, but only from 37 weeks of pregnancy. No one mentioned last time (I breastfed for a week) or this time that you can not breastfeed on this medication. However, I've been reading the leaflet in the pack and it said not to be taken when breastfeeding as can be harmful to baby. Now I'm worrying that I won't get the chance to breastfeed as it is highly likely il still be on the medication after birth for a few weeks. I'm next at the consultant in 4 weeks so will ask them but in the meantime can anyone reassure me that they were still able to breastfeed on this medication or similar. Thanks in advance x

Hey, I was on it for all 16 months I BF, saw multiple doctors about my PIH and BP issues, and they all said it was safe :flower: it may be a concern if you have a tiny preemie (or maybe not, I'm honestly not sure) but for a healthy baby it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->